Chapter 11

A/N So this is where the story really begins, if this was an essay this would be the body. Previous chapters were all the introduction to get everyone settled into a comfortable atmosphere. The characters as well as the readers so let us do this. Let me know what you think.

Vote and comment

xoxo

K

Chapter 11

My eyes fluttered open I was on fire. I was getting so hot, it wasn't even funny, I was so surprised that I wasn't sweating. I looked over at Riley who's face was planted into the pillow and his arm was slung over me. The amount of body heat he was emitting was ridiculous.

I took a second to look at his face though, it was turned towards me and he was letting out a slight snore. He looked much younger in his sleep with his face completely relaxed and everything. I checked the time and I had managed to wake up at seven. I sighed slipping out from his grasp and from under the covers to go shower.

After showering, brushing my teeth and getting dressed I sat on the bed and had an internal war whether to wake him up or not.

"You're staring, it's really creepy." he mumbled sleepily. He flipped onto his to look at me groggily.

"I wasn't staring." I lied. He blinked a few times and then squinted a bit.

'What time is it?" he asked with a yawn.

"Seven thirty."

"Seven thirty?" he jumped out of the bed "The stuff gets here in half an hour, why didn't you wake me?" 

I shrugged, 'Honestly, you never sleep in and you looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you." I said softly.

"Great, you're sweetness will get me into so much trouble." he said heading for the door. I pouted.

"With who? Last time I checked you ranked pretty high..." I said folding my arms across my chest

"I could be the president and my mother would still find a way to out-rank me." I said coming back to put a kiss on my forehead.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were scared of her." I teased. He looked back at me before leaving to go to his room.

"I am." he said and closed the door. I smiled at how he feared his mom.

A few hours later after all the decorations and food and people started arriving I splashed some water on my face. Calm down, Jolene. I told myself. It's just the entire pack and some important family members, no need to worry. I was lying to myself. I had to worry. It was the entire pack and some important family members. I sighed at my reflection.

"Jolene." I heard Kiara call from the room. I dried my face and stepped out. She gasped when she saw me. "You're kidding me right? Riley's parents just got in and you look like so...plain." she said gesturing to my outfit. I had decided to wear a pretty red blouse with ruffles down the middle, white jeans and red wedges. I thought I looked pretty presentable. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.

"I like it." I shrugged. Kiara pulled me to the bed where she seated me and started applying make-up to my face.

"There. Better." she smiled looking at her handy work. I looked at myself in the large mirror on the wall. I rolled my eyes. Kiara had just made my eyes look bigger and lips look pinker although my skin did look quite flawless.

"Thanks." I gave her a hug.

"Come on." she pulled downstairs to the living room where some people were, laughing, making small talk and hugging. I smiled as people greeted me while Kiara led me to the kitchen where Riley was...talking to a couple.