Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Something hit the wall by the door with such force that it shattered and some pieces hit me on my arm. I flinched. I didn't even know what it was.

"Fuck!" Riley's voice echoed through the room after he yelled.  I didn't know what to do."I'm sorry I scared you." I heard him say.

"It's fine." I barely choked out. I was fiddling with her hands nervously.

"What's the matter?" he asked approaching me.

"I...I know this isn't the best time but I need to tell you this." I felt his hand on the small of my back as he led me through the room. We sat down on a couch and I dropped my head knowing that my hair would hide my face. I was really nervous but I had to tell him. "Riley, I...I think it's best if I leave and go to my parents." It physically hurt me to say that.

 "No." He barely whispered.

"I can't do this. It's selfish of me to assume the position of Luna in my state and to expect you to want a mate in this state." I knew that my staying with him was really just distracting him. I couldn't be a Luna.

"Jo-"

"Let me finish," I sniffed. "You're an alpha and you've been dealt a shit hand when it comes to the mate department and I only wish that I could be the girl you deserve and-"

"You're breaking us." he interrupted. "You've completed me, don't walk away, please. I've told you this before, I want you here. I don't know what I can do to keep you here or to let you have hope, even if it's a little....just...just tell me why you really want to leave."

I lifted my head and let him see my tear stained cheeks.

"Because I can't love you if I don't love me." I finally said.

He needed to understand, I really wanted to love him and I thought I could but then I found out that I was a witch and then I went blind. I resented myself for being the way I was. I resented myself even more for making Riley put up with me. He deserved so much more.

I felt his hand on my cheek. I leaned into his touch and there was a silence.

"You're enough." he said softly. "You're more than enough. You don't know how perfect you are."

"But-"

"You promised me a month at the least...please..." I sighed realizing that I had given him my word.

"I'll stay." I surrendered.

Riley pulled me into a hug and I held onto him like he was my lifeline. We sat like that for a while. I laid my head in the crook of his neck.

"Riley, we have a lead on the- oh...am I interrupting?" I heard Kiara's voice. I pulled away from Riley before I answered.

"No." I said.

"Yes." Riley said as if he was correcting me.

"I can come back later." Kiara offered.

"What is it, Kiara?" he asked her. I heard her approach the couch and some papers being shuffled.

"My mom was doing research trying to find people that know alot about Jo's...uh...condition and she came up with this." Kiara sounded more nervous than usual.

I heard pages being turned and shuffled before Riley spoke.

"Ronnie Jameson." he said. There was more shuffling. "But she's human."

"Yeah but my mom said that she's our best shot. She's been studying supernatural beings her whole life. She knows all there is about us." Kiara was speaking really fast.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" I asked in the general direction where her voice was coming from.

"What? No. I just...you uh...no. I'm not uncomfortable." she stumbled over her words.

"Thanks, Kiara." Riley said sharply. I heard her scuttle out of the room. Riley and I were alone again.

"Ronnie Jameson?" I asked leaning on the back rest.

"Yeah. It says here that she is the descendant of Veronica Jameson, the first person to write a full encyclopedia on vampires. It also says that Ronnie knows all there is about all things supernatural." Riley was feeding me this information with such confidence.

"And you think she'll know what's wrong with me?" I asked critically.

"She will know and she will fix it okay? Don't think about it too much. You're an over thinker, Jolene." he teased.

"Whatever, O'Connor." his laugh brought a smile to my face. I was happy that he was laughing, even if it was only a few seconds, he was in total glee. That made me happy.

A/N Hello readers!! Looks like we're back to Jo's point of view, hopefully you guys have hope now. I know this chapter is really short but adding more stuff would just ruin the chapter so I kept is sweet and to the point. Next chapter you'll get to know some new characters and there's a big discovery so keep reading.

Vote and comment!!

xoxo

K