Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Kiara, it was amazing! I can't believe that's what I was missing out on, I mean wow!" I gushed. Kiara was looking at me with an amused expression on her face. "What?" I asked.

She thinks you're psycho. Saroya added bluntly.

No she doesn't, I defended.

"You're like so psyched." she finally laughed. I chuckled along.

Close enough. Saroya teased. I rolled my eyes before replying to Kiara.

"Yeah, well I never knew that shifting could be this great...I thought it was always bad like my first time but last night was amazing!" I was obviously beyond excited.

Of course it was amazing, have you met me? Saroya was being as arrogant as ever.

"Last night?" Ronnie asked curiously.

Oops, looks like wanna-be-mama-bear is about to go ape shit. Saroya mocked. I ignored her.

"Jolene shifted last night." Kiara informed her. My head whipped in Kiara's direction and I glared at her. Her eyes widened and she suppressed a smirk. I waited for Ronnie's tongue lashing.

"You what?" she asked, her tone laced with disbelief. I turned away from the kitchen island and looked at her. "You shifted?" she asked weakly. I nodded. I knew I should've consulted her first, so many things could've gone wrong but I was impulsive and went with the moment.

Suddenly I was pulled into a hug by the woman. "I'm so proud of you." she said.

"Wait, what? No lecture?" I asked hugging her back.

"Well what you did was dangerous because we weren't sure how you worked but nonetheless you shifted and that's all we could really hope for." she pulled back and smiled down at me. "This is really a breakthrough, you're the only werewolf-witch hybrid in history and I want to write a book about you and this is adding to my research, the suppression ring is strong enough to suppress your magic to the point of a shift. Incredible."

"Wait, you want to write a book about me?" I asked her.

No, she wants to write a book about bananas. Of course it's about you, dummy. I was trying my best to ignore Saroya but I was failing miserably.

"Yes. You are the first of your kind, this has to be documented the way my ancestors documented before. These books that we learn from were written by those that came before us in an effort to help future generations understand the supernatural. That's what I am, Jo. Call me a scribe if you please."

"That's so cool." Kiara chirped in from behind.

"Yeah it really is." I laughed.

"Ladies! My handsome mate is coming home today and I would like to make him his favourite food, anybody care to join me to go shopping?" Melena burst through the kitchen doors. We all turned around to look at her. She was sporting a huge grin.

"I'll come." I shrugged.

"Yeah, me too. Brandon finished my cereal." Kiara said getting up.

"You guys go, I have some discoveries to put onto paper." Ronnie winked at me.

After shopping for ingredients with Melena and Kiara I slipped upstairs, avoiding helping out with the cooking. I went up to Riley's office and found him typing away on his computer.

"Hey." I said stepping in and walking over to his desk. He looked up and his lips curled into a smile.

"Hey, beautiful, how's it going?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"I'm good thanks and you?"

"I'm alright." Riley pushed his chair out. "Come over here." he coaxed.

Ooh, I wanna get me some of that beef cake. Saroya laughed.

Shut up! I said to her.

I walked over to Riley and sat in his lap. His arms made their way around my waist as I leaned back into him.

"So what's up?" he asked casually playing with my hair.

"Nothing much, we went shopping for Max's 'Welcome Home' dinner and oh, Ronnie wants to write a book about me." I was fiddling with my hands.

Are you always this nervous around him? Saroya asked annoyed.

No, I mean yes. I just-

Let me handle this. she said arrogantly. I let her take over and watched from the back seat. She got up and turned around then sat with her legs on either side of the chair facing Riley.

I'm sure you know how to kiss a boy. she said just before she gave me back control. I looked at Riley who raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his face. I blinked before I kissed him.

I didn't think I just did. I got a burst of courage as my tongue entered his mouth. His hand slipped under my tank top and onto my bare back just above my waist. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and he released a resonant moan in the back of his throat. Suddenly Riley lifted me up his lips never leaving mine and he put me down on an empty part of his desk. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer to me. He bit my bottom lip and I let out a light moan. He smiled against my lips and I let out a small gasp when he unlatched my bra. He slipped it off from under my shirt and it was now lying on the desk. A new flood of bravery washed over me as I grabbed his belt and with trained fingers undid the buckle. I helped him get his shirt over his head. I caught a quick glance at his upper body just before his lips were on mine again.

"Easy there." Someone said from the door. I squeaked, pulled away from Riley and found myself already a few feet away from him. I caught my breath and looked at the door. An amused Brandon stood in the doorway. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. "Is this a bad time?" Brandon asked clearly trying not to laugh.

"No." I said.

"Yes." Riley said at the same time as me. I ran a hand through my now messy hair.

"I'm going to help out in the kitchen." I said not daring to look in Riley's direction.

I was close to the door when Brandon stopped me. "Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked with a grin gesturing in Riley's direction. I turned around to see Riley put his shirt over his head and then raise an eyebrow at me. Then I saw it. The pink garment with black lace adorning it as embellishment. I flushed as I scuttled over to Riley's desk to grab my bra and get out of that stuffy office. As soon as I was in the hallway I closed the office door and the boys on the other side had a good laugh.

I sighed. Look what you did. I scolded Saroya.

I told you to kiss him I didn't know that clothes were going to come off. She chuckled.

After I dressed myself properly again, I went to the kitchen where Melena and Kiara were cooking.

"Hey." I said casually.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little flushed." Kiara said opening a pot of boiling water.

"I'm fine. Just a little hot, that's all." I replied.

A/N Oh em gee, I'm not even going to lie and say that I didn't giggle in between that Riley and Jolene scene. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter. Remember to vote and comment okay? I love you all.

Vote and comment

xoxo

K