Special Bonus Chapter: Riley's POV

Quick Re-cap

A blind werewolf-witch hybrid. Great. I got up and felt my way to the stairs. I felt Riley's hand on mine. I jerked away.

"Please don't." I felt my way up the stairs to a bedroom I hoped was mine and lay on the bed.

How and why did I go blind? I didn't understand it!

Riley's POV

There was a light knock on my bedroom door. I looked up from the laptop on my lap.

"Come in." I said plainly. The door knob turned slowly...Jolene stepped in. She was looking down and her hair covered her face. She was wearing pyjama shorts and a strappy top, her legs went on forever.

"Sorry to bother you..." she was speaking in a small voice.

"No, it's totally ok, don't worry about it." I closed the laptop and put it on the bedside table. There was a silence while she twiddled her thumbs.

"I couldn't sleep..." she finally said. "I still can't." she ran a hand through her long hair and I caught a glimpse of her eyes. White. Pure white. "Can I..?"

"Sure, come on." I opened the bed covers next to me. She took a few hesitant steps before I realized how insensitive I was being.

Way to go, you little shit! My wolf growled in the back of my mind

Shut up! I growled at him. I got up and ushered Jolene to the bed. She slipped under the covers and I got in next to her. She rolled over to face me.

"It's ok, you know?" she said softly.

"What's ok?"

"To wanna leave me. I'd understand...I wouldn't hate you for it." she was sounding so...broken.

"I don't want to leave you, Jolene." You'd better not Angelo added. I closed the link with him.

"But it's not fair. It's not fair to you, to your pack or to anyone. You shouldn't have to put up with me."

I pulled her to me and held her. "Where is this coming from? Nobody is putting up with you. You're here because I want you here. The pack wants you here..." I need you here, I didn't add that because I didn't want to scare her off.

She put her head on my chest and said nothing for a while.

"I feel useless." she breathed.

"Please don't feel like that...it may feel like it now but you're really not."

"I'm fucking blind!" she snapped before breaking into sobs. I kissed the top of her head.

"It's ok...shh...it's ok." I was doing my best to comfort her. Seeing her like this hurt, a lot. I hated seeing her like this. 

She didn't understand that I needed her more than she knew. She didn't know that I needed her either. She was right about one thing. It wasn't fair to the pack that she was here. Not in the sense of her being useless but she was vulnerable which meant that I was vulnerable. She was my weakness because she could be used as leverage against me and that could hurt the pack.

I would do anything for this girl...first on my list was protecting her and helping her get her sight back.

After crying for a while she had finally fallen asleep and that was a relief. She looked so peaceful in her sleep...much happier. That was until she'd have a nightmare, but not tonight. She slept quietly and that was all I could ask for. My beautiful mate to have her beauty sleep.

The sun was seeping through the curtains and shining into my eyes. I stretched and blinked, my eyes adjusting to the morning sun. I checked the time. 8 o'clock. Shit, I'd overslept.