Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

I adjusted my scarf before venturing into the kitchen where the chatter was coming from. I walked into the kitchen where Kiara, Ronnie, Melena and Bree were seated around the island sipping from mugs, chatting and laughing. The laughter died down when I walked in.

"Hey, guys." I said brightly. There was a small silence.

"Hey." Kiara finally replied. Everyone else just smiled awkwardly except for Bree who was sporting her usual frown at the sight of me. "How are you doing?" Kiara asked.

"I'm ok." I said taking a small yoghurt from the fridge. "What were you guys talking about just now?"

"Max is coming back in a few days." Melena beamed. Max is Riley's Beta, his right-hand-man, his second in command and he's also Melena's mate.

"That's great, I'm excited to meet him." I reached for a spoon that was on the table when Bree stretched and grabbed it.

"Paws off, witch bitch. It's mine." she sneered. Everyone paused.

"Ok, I'm pretty sure there are more spoons in the drawer so you can calm down." I rolled my eyes at her and her aggressive nature. I turned around and opened the utensils drawer.

"That scarf doesn't hide anything, you know?" I heard Bree's voice pierce the silence. I paused and swallowed. "You're trouble. The only reason you're even here is to bring trouble." she all but barked.

I turned around to see her already on her feet, watching me.

"What the hell is your problem, Bree?" I said sourly.

"You. You are my problem. You're such a bitch! You're so fake! I can't believe Riley would choose you over me!" she glared at me, her eyes turning dark. She was not about to shift on me.

I got pissed.

"I am not the bitch in this conversation!" I inched toward her. "I'm not fake, you whore!" I took a step to her, my blood boiling. "I'm his mate." there was a trickle of blood coming from Bree's nose. She wiped it away. "You thought he'd choose you over me? That's pathetic." I was almost a foot away from her. "Stop trying to get into the middle of me and Riley because I swear if you so much as look at him the wrong way I will-"

Ronnie grabbed my arm, jerking me backwards. "Control yourself." she warned. I didn't know what she was talking about until I looked at Bree again. She had trails of blood from both her nostrils and both her eyes.

"Oh god, Bree, I'm so sorry." I panicked. I did that? Me and my magic did that.

Bree jumped back and held her arm out while wiping the blood away with her other hand. "Stay away from me, you freak." she ran out of the kitchen and I stood there feeling so guilty. I turned to Ronnie.

"I didn't mean to." I pleaded.

"I know, it's okay. Your magic was just going with your emotions." she explained. I looked at Kiara with a pained expression on my face.

"I'll go check on her." Melena said before rushing out.

"I can't believe I did that." I breathed.

"It's okay, Jo, the suppressing ring should be here soon, we'll get it under control." Ronnie assured me.

"Not that I'm not grateful or anything but why are you still here?" I asked Ronnie suddenly.

"Riley didn't tell you?" she smiled gingerly. I shook my head. "Riley asked me to stay for a while longer to help you get your magic under control...I'm like a cheat sheet to how your anatomy works."