Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day

Time seemed to fly by. Katherine's 2nd Birthday was a hit. Byron went back to Ohio on December 4th. On the 5th, Steven and Lynnette was visited by a counselor from UCLA, to take their Final Exams, which they aced. Edith styed on to help out with Katherine and Lynnette. The trial for Jeffrey Rice took place on January 3rd, 1995 and on January 16th, he was found guilty and awaiting his sentencing at San Quentin State Prison. On January 17th, Lynnette underwent surgery again to have the colostomy bag removed. Everything seemed to be going well for the couple. Even at night, they play with each other... and Lynnette doesn't have to asked permission to start!

The visiting nurse came once a week to check on the area of the colostomy bag. Now that it has been out, she only came twice to check the healing. Lynnette not only has a high tolerance for pain, but she is also a quick healer.

It's been two weeks since her last doctor's appointment, which she was given the "greenlight" to assume her normal activities. In four days, it will be Valentine's Day. Her mother would be leaving on the 13th so she can be home with her husband. Lynnette consulted with Pauline on how to make it a special day for her and Steven.

"Mom, thanks for coming over."

"Sure thing, sweety! What did you need to talk about?"

"Do you and dad have plans for Valentine's Day?"

"No. We just stay home and watch some movies. We usually don't get much time to do that with our schedules, so it makes it special for us."

"Oh, never mind, then."

"Lynnette... why do you ask?"

"Well... I have been given the green light by all my doctors to "resume normal activity." I haven't TOLD Steven, but I want to SHOW him."

"OH! Are you sure you're ready?"

"Well... ... ... we've kinda been fooling around since I came home from the hospital... the first time." Lynnette winced as she was waiting to be scolded by her mother-in-law-the-doctor.

"Really?"

"Above the waist! I swear. No penetration."

"That's great, sweety!!! He never said anything to me, little twerp! Do you want Paul and I to take Katherine for the weekend?"

"Oh, no! Just for the night."

"Sweety... You will thank me for taking her for the weekend. Trust me!" Pauline wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

"Would you go shopping with me? I want to get some things to 'prepare'."

"Sure! I'll drive. Grab your purse and I have Katherine!"

With Pauline driving, she took Lynnette to an upscale lingerie salon. Lynnette saw where they were headed and rolled her eyes.

"Mom! We can't go here! It's too expensive!"
"Sweety... you don't want some K-Mart bras or underwear for this special night. You want it to be special and the "Blue Light" isn't special enough!"

Lynnette agreed, but internally hated herself for the amount of money she spent. Even though she only spent $500. Everything was very tasteful and in both her and Steven's favorite colors, as well as white and black.

Next, they went grocery shopping. She felt guilty for spending so much on lingerie, that she looked for sales at the grocery store, except for the necessities... milk, bread, eggs, juice, cereal, etc.

Valentine's Day had finally arrived. It was Paul's job to keep Steven away from the house until 5pm. He used this time to have Steven "help" at his office. His regular Para-legal had requested the day off, so it was perfect timing!