Sophomore Year as a Bruin

As expected, Lynnette and Steven aced their freshman final exams and successfully transferred to UCLA from Ohio State. Living twenty minutes from campus, Lynnette was able to enroll Katherine in a daycare near their home. Four months as Mrs. Steven Pennington, it was drama free. Though she was still unable to give her body to her husband, they still fell asleep each night in each other's arms.

No nightmares, no Thomas; just a loving family that accepted her and Katherine. Pauline came to visit often since the hospital and her office was only ten minutes away from their house. Every Sunday after church was spent at Granny and Grampy's home for dinner. Katherine was always running around, trying to get away from being tickled by her daddy and Pappaw. She was a walking and talking toddler for sure.

Class schedules for the first semester was tougher on the couple this year. With Steven's classes, he couldn't schedule alongside Lynnette. Studying at home made for long nights for a Pre-Law/Poli-Sci student. He did, however, have a bit of an edge over most students. He could ask his dad for help or even go to his dad's office and ask any of the associates for help if he was stuck.

Lynnette's classes were harder too. She had shadowing requirements to fulfill as well as her classes. The high school close to her house welcomed her with open arms. They even had an opening for a History teach that she could apply for at the beginning of her Junior year. Somehow, they could never keep a History teacher.

With having separate schedules, Lynnette was glad that she didn't have to worry about bills. In that sense, she got used to having money. She still shopped at discount department stores, Penney's, or Sears. Lynnette was frugal and remained determined to not squander her husband's fortune. The both drove good, safe cars. Lynnette was comfortable with her Taurus while Steven had his Cadillac. He tried to bring a Buick home for her... he had to return it immediately because he tried to trade her Taurus in for it. She didn't speak to him for a eek until he got her Taurus back. She did, however made him buy her a new Taurus. The only time she would allow him to buy her a new car.

Thanksgiving was just around the corner. The Fletcher's had planned to come to California. Being her first bog holiday as a married woman in her own house, she wanted everyone to come to her house. Paul, Pauline, Granny and Grampy already agreed and said they would let everyone else know. That also included Thomas.

Edit spoke to Thomas the night before...

"Now, what's your cover story?"

"Really mom? Again"

"Yes, again! What do you tell him if he asks?"

"Jeff... man I don't know what to tell you! I got home and no one was here! I don't know where anyone is! If I knew where that whore was... I would tell you!" Reciting his lines perfectly, still not liking to call Lynnette a whore.

Thomas did get to spend some quality time at his brother's home. Getting to know Lynnette and his niece, Katherine. He considered Lynnette the perfect wife, he even told her that.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you, Lynnette. You could be considered the perfect wife... if only you'd give my brother some."

Lynnette gave him a evil scowl. "I know, I know... not pressuring you. I'm just being me. But seriously, you're missing out!!"

"Stop. I don't want to hear this."

"Sorry. I can't help it, I'm me."

Returning to his conversation with his mother, "and you best be on your best behavior, you hear me Thomas?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good. Now, your father and I are proud of you. You going back to school, EMT is a very admiral profession!"

"Thanks, mom. Just so you know, that tart I was with... she was never pregnant. I forgot to let you know with everything that had happened. She knew I had a Trust Fund and all she say was dollar signs. I have started seeing this girl in the nursing program. I think you and dad would like her. I want to wait a while before bringing her around. I want to make sure that I am worthy of her."

"Good for you! When the time is right, we would love to meet her! Now, we'll meet you at the regular spot tomorrow to pick you up to go to your brother's."