Pleasant Surprise // Hungry Eyes prompt: Part 1 of 2

Começar do início

There were tests for an early response, digital and even a fancy kind that told you how many weeks you were; I recognized this type from when Rosie had discovered she was pregnant with Freya. I scratched the back of my head as my eyes wandered over the different options, who knew there were even so many?

I shrugged and grabbed a box of two; I took them to the counter and promptly threw some notes at the cashier in my need to get home to Rosie.

When I got back she was sat at the kitchen counter with her hand wrapped a large glass of water that was nearly empty, she looked at me nervously when I handed her the simple package.

"Take them now." I demanded and she shook her head at me with big eyes.

"I don't want to."

"Rosie, come on." I urged, taking her hand and pulled her off the stool she was on; wasting no time in pushing her into the bathroom.

She gave in and slammed the door behind her, I braced myself opposite the bathroom and waited for her to finish doing what she needed to; after a few minutes I heard the tap run and the door creaked open to reveal a very stressed looking Rosie as she motioned for me to step in the small room with her and close the door behind us so we didn't wake up Freya.

"How long do we have to wait?" I quizzed and looked over the two tests that were sat on the bathroom counter while they developed.

"Three minutes." She answered and looked over the back of the box that told us what they results meant and how they'd be displayed.

One line for negative.

Two lines for positive.

"This is longest three minutes ever, was it this long when you were waiting last time?" I complained, Rosie glared at me with her hands on her hips.

"Yes, it was and it felt like a lifetime back then too! Only you wouldn't know because you weren't there, you were probably practicing your pyrotechnic skills with Fangs! I'm actually having flashbacks." Rosie stammered, she began pacing the short length of the bathroom so fast that it was making me dizzy.

"Will you calm down? I'm pretty sure we already know the answer." I chuckled and reached out for her, pulling her onto my knee where I was perched on the edge of our bathtub.

"I feel like I'm sixteen again, like I should be in a bathroom stall and back in high school."

"You're twenty one, you're acting like this is the end of the world."

"I know, but we've never really discussed having more kids." Rosie told me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and resting her chin on my head. "I always thought that we'd actively try for another baby, not end up being shocked when it happened."

"I've always wanted more kids."

"Kids? Pfft! If you've got me pregnant again then this is the last one I'm having, I'm serious."

"What if you end up having twins? Or triplets? Or even quadruplets?" I gasped as I poked fun at her and she pinched my arm in retaliation.

"Stop, Sweets! You're freaking me out!"

I laughed at her horrified expression and kissed her bottom lip, we sat for a few more minutes before I realized that the tests were probably ready and could be looked at.

"Ready?" I inquired and she nodded slowly, I leant over from the bath and grabbed the two tests in my hand.

"I'm too scared to look, you do it." She pleaded, putting her hands over her eyes and I looked down at them with a neutral expression on my face.