Fallen too Far

Love, a common concept for each and every human being. Many people define this word in various ways. Each of us has our own definition to this concept. For some, it can be something beautiful and serene. For some, it's the definition of despair and hurt. We look at things in our points of view and love can either make a human grow up or sink down. 

Shu did not know when it all started. The only thing he knew was that he was hopeless about his feelings. He was supposed to be the person who kept his cool. He was supposed to be one who kept the bey club going regarding their moods. He was supposed to be emotionless and cold. It was rather magical, he thought. That one person can change someone completely. That one person can make your heart race at their sight. Shu stared at the book in his hands. His projects, next week. He often finished his work at least a week before the due date but this certain project in his literature class made him falter about his own principles.

It was supposed to be a normal literature class like any other day. But when their teacher brought a big book of Shakespeare Shu knew that something was definitely up. She ran her eyes across the classroom with a small smile. "Class" she announced, her usual soft cheerful voice echoing through the class. "We are going to do a special project about love."

Some students whistled. Girls squealed, passing notes with each other already planning their projects. Amidst all this, Shu just stared at her, dumbfounded. Love, he thought bitterly. All his life he had known his parents' love and his friends' love toward him. Other than that love is completely a foreign concept for him. The truth was, the teacher was talking about something deeper and serene. The rest of the class was a blur, his mind storming around the word, love.

Wakiya sighed, resting his against the table. All of them gathered inside the library to finish their homework. There was no upcoming tournament. So, they had time to get ready for whatever comes after. These days they just hangout to complete school work and have fun sleepovers. "These formulas are going to kill me one day" he grumbled biting the end of his pencil.

Valt leaned against his chair, sighing heavily. "I'm in the mood to bey battle. Anyone in?"

Honcho smacked the back of his head. Popping another lolipop to his mouth he wrote something on the notebook in front of him. "Finish your homework first idiot"

Shu hummed thoughtfully looking at his book. "What do you guys think of true love?" He asked. Everyone snapped their attention toward him, surprise clearly written all over their faces. Shu bit his tongue, he messed up. "Sorry" he muttered trying to sink down to his chair.

Honcho took out his lollipop and looked at it thoughtfully. "You don't have to apologize. It was rather a good question. I mean I love lollipops from all of my heart" He said dramatically blinking, as if trying to avoid his delusional tears. "My first true love"

Valt chuckled. "Then beybread is my first true love"

Shu sighed, why did he even ask them in the first place. Wakiya crossed his arms. "This is about that literature assignment right? I heard some students from your class talking about it"

"Yeah" Shu answered, turning the page of his novel. He was not drawn into it. The truth was, he was not really a fan of romantic novels. He prefered a genre which is closer to action or sci-fi but he forced himself just this time to read a romantic one to get an idea about this concept. The concept of love. "I really don't know what to write about it"

Wakiya shrugged. "Well, love can be interpreted as many things. Do you have a crush on someone? Or at least had one?"

Shu shook his head, "Not really. When I was young I did have few crushes on celebrities but those are just, you know, childhood fantasies and all"