Laser Tagging

A shitty oneshot by yours truly 'cause i saw a random prompt in pinterest and wanted to try it out. then halfway down the oneshot i got bored and decided to slip in a lot of dialogues and it came out like a half-baked pie but am I shameless enough to publish it?

yes. yes i am. 

---

"Isn't the team formations kind of unfair?" Shu questioned, tugging in the sleeves of his black hoodie.

"We drew lots," Rantaro reasoned, checking his laser gun with the expert of a veteran.

It was Valt's grand idea to go laser tagging with the juniors after a tournament. He reasoned that they could have fun after the long hours of training and tension they faced during the league. Kristina supported his decision, telling everyone it would be a great method to unwind and have fun, urging them to join. Now they were standing in two groups in front of the arena with a very dissatisfied Shu who kept looking at the two disproportionate teams.

Team A consisted of Free, Lui — which was a deadly combination in itself — a very satisfied Silas who stood next to Rantaro and Ranjiro — claiming to be brilliant at the game — and Fubuki and Lain who together could be challenging if they decided to cooperate. Considering the fact he was on the opposite team, Shu had the distinct feeling they might.

Team B was himself and the sunshine boy from each generation who used instinct and gut feeling rather than actively strategising to guide them towards a win. Drum was trying to make his gun work — he was holding it wrong, Shu chose not to comment on it — Aiger was grinning like maniacs to his left. Asahi brothers were bickering over who got the biggest gun and Valt was beside him nudging him softly. Oh well, at least he had Delta to rely on.

"Oh c'mon Shu!" Valt berated, "Us together make the best team."

Shu glanced at Free and Lui, "I doubt that."

"We've known each other since we were four!"

"Exactly the reason I'm worried." Shu smiled, as Valt sulked beside him.

"Suck it up, Kurenai," Lui grinned, "You're gonna lose anyway. Why not just accept it?"

"Cause he's a sore loser," Lain added with a grin.

"No, I'm not," Shu countered, pink dusting his cheeks.

"I don't know whether to be offended that you're not trusting us, or be flattered that you want to win with us." Aiger said, "But losing is not an option."

Delta sighed, "Well, at least we'd be facing the punishments as a group."

"Yeah," Shu said, but losing was the last thing on his mind so he decided to not think about the compensations they had to follow if they were defeated.

"Okay okay," Rantaro said, "Let's start!" He repeated the rules, making sure they would not get kicked out of the laser tagging arena and marked the start of the game and the two teams scattered.

"Well!" Valt said in a hushed whisper as they gathered behind one of the walls to discuss their strategies. "What is the plan?" Everyone turned to Shu with expectant eyes and Shu blinked.

"Uh... well, I was thinking we should move in units of two," Shu said, "We have to do with what we have, so, I'll take Aiger and Valt. Delta you make sure Drum doesn't rush in and don't die in the first five minutes."

"Roger," Delta said, standing next to Drum who looked happy to fight alongside his friend.

"And Hikaru," Shu started.

"Will make sure Hyuga would not run blindly to Lain and get mercilessly slaughtered at his hand. Yes sir!"

Shu smiled, "Yes. Listen, you guys are great alright, but don't be impulsive. I bet they're guessing at least one of you to get excited and walk into their traps. Lain and Fubuki can be very calculative in their plans, so if they seem to be standing out there in the open, they're making themselves vulnerable on purpose. It's a trap. Make sure to stay hidden and attack. Don't go out in the open unless it is absolutely necessary."