Snowflakes, Holding Hands and Us

Free sat on the edge of the stadium, his bey held loosely by his fingers. The blonde had just finished a round of training and only stopped to take a break to drink some water only to find an empty bottle of water. This happened most of the time. He just drained the bottle of water without thinking until he realised that he would have to go back to if he needed to be hydrated. Free stopped a moment to think through that. Did he really need to be hydrated? That was the real question.

Christina's voice nagged inside his mind, Yes, he could hear her say and he decided to play safe. Free reluctantly made his way through the trees, the familiar surroundings he always felt at home. It was easier to sit by the shade under a lushful tree and feel the breeze on your skin.

It was no longer snowing but the chilly air was all the same. Despite the thick jacket he was wearing he could feel the wind sneaking upon his body. Maybe coming out here to practice in the winter was not a good idea after all.

He clasped the empty water bottle in his hand and walked into the snow blanketed compound of BC Sol. The outdoor stadiums were empty — there was not a single soul outside the warm building, secured with heaters allowing the bladers to practice in the comfort of warmth and security.

It was not until he neared the main entrance that he saw him. Sitting under the eucalyptus tree across the main lawn. The tree — bare of the leaves nursed by it, was standing like a solitary skeleton contrasting against the pure white main garden. He hadn't seen Shu after yesterday's events when he mindlessly blurted out a compliment flustering the albino. He looked at the massive doors in front of him and turned his course.

Shu didn't seem to notice him. Free crossed his arms, standing a few steps ahead of him debating whether to bother his reading or just wait till he noticed. The albino was sitting on top of the Victorian styled metal bench — the dark brown paint almost faded with time. He was occupying the right side, his legs tucked underneath him, his head bent towards the book on his lap. It was only then he noticed the steaming paper cup beside him — coffee? Free didn't know. But wasn't he thirsty.

The blonde walked over and slipped to the space beside Shu. The albino turned to him, startled by the sudden intrusion of his peaceful morning. He blinked, "Free?"

That's when Free noticed the gold rimmed round glasses resting on top of his nose. His sunset-red eyes blinked in confusion behind them. "You wear glasses?" Free asked, not giving Shu any reasons as to why he was here and decided to bother him.

Shu pressed his lips together and carefully plucked it off his face and placed them in the box beside him. "Only when I'm reading" He answered after a while, trying to look casual but miserably failing. His mind kept repeating the incidents of yesterday night.

Free hummed and pointed at the cup between them, "Can I get a sip of that?"

The question was so sudden and out of context that Shu stared at him dumbly for a solid two seconds before answering with a yes. Free took the cup of coffee gratefully sipping as if he had been thirsty his entire life — he was exaggerating but oh well. Shu looked back at his book and wondered whether it was polite to go back to the story. Free didn't seem to be in the mood to make any conversation either. So he might just as well, Shu thought justifying his action.

He shifted his position and untucked his legs. He placed them on the ground and crossed his ankles, leaning against the bench, his eyes shifting back to the white pages of the book. There was one thing he adored about BC Sol — the library it had. Rows and rows of books from different eras and different authors. It was truly beautiful.

Free sipped on the drink, enjoying the warmth seeping through his body. He looked at the albino —engrossed in his book again, from the corner of his eyes. His glasses were long abandoned beside him. His eyes flicked through the lines of the book, his hand resting on his cheek. Free watched the way his bangs tumbled over his forehead framing his soft jaw. The way his long eyelashes flickered unconsciously as he read through.