Christmas Shopping

This is actually kinda connected to the Wedding Catastrophe. Consider this as a second part for that oneshot mah friends <333

Shu was rummaging through his closet, internally cursing a certain male as he tossed a handful of clothing onto his bed. His bedroom floor was littered with shirts and jeans he had decided against wearing. Somewhere in the apartment his kettle blew a mournful whistle into the solitary air of his kitchen. He groaned, stumbling out of his room to turn it off.

His day wasn't supposed to start like this. Hell he wasn't even supposed to get out of bed at least until noon today. It was his first day off in centuries and outside the snow had covered half the buildings making it look like a wintery wonderland. But Shirosagi Lui decided to call him at ass o'clock in the morning ruining his entire plans of doing absolutely nothing. The conversation went exactly like this:

"Oi, I'm picking you up at nine, get ready"

"Lui, it six in the morning what the fuck?"

"And?"

"It's my day off, I'm not stepping out of my house. I have plans"

"And those are?"

Shu flushed at this point, fuming at the text bubbles appearing one after another. "That's none of your business Shirosagi, get out"

"Which also means you're not doing anything. Be right there at nine"

"No"

"Yes. We're going Christmas shopping"

"WHAT?"

"It is just as I said"

"WTF NO. Go AWAY YOu MISERABLE oAf"

"See you soon"

Just like that, the conversation was over. And now Shu was tugging at his jeans, pulling on a t-shirt and his favourite pink sweater when the door bell rang. The devil was here. He slammed his bedroom door behind him walking towards the door. He waited a beat. He could actually ignore Lui and stay inside the whole day and have a sweet day. After the wedding drama the two did get closer. They celebrated plenty of holidays together and even hung out a couple of times. But today was different. It was too cold and he literally did not feel like going out.

After another impatient ring of his doorbell, Shu finally gave up. Lui was in front of him in his dark grey jacket and turtle neck sweater. "Morning"

Shu resisted the urge to slam the door at his face as he grabbed his own coat. "Let's just get this over with asshole" He muttered, locking the door behind him. The albino followed Lui out of the apartment building. And fuck, it was cold. He could literally feel the air rushing against his cheeks. Despite being one of the coldest days of the year, it was filled with joyous laughter and crowds rushing after one another. Lui gestured at his care. Yes that idiot had a car. A fancy one at that. "Rich people" Shu mumbled walking to him.

"Are you always grumpy in the mornings?" Lui questioned, opening the door to him. He always did that. What a gentleman, he inwardly scoffed, getting in. After the White Tyrant was in, he started the engine, pulling up towards the road.

Shu leaned back on the seat, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets. "Why today Lui?" He moaned, "It's my day off, I wanted to sleep"

Lui glanced at him before turning his attention back to the road. "Well, I know you haven't gotten anything to anyone at all, have you?"

Shu juts out his bottom lip in despair. "I'd just order something online."

"Lazy ass"

"Just say you wanted to go out with me" Shu retorted with an exaggerated eye roll.