Wedding Catastrophe

When Shu found out that his elder cousin was actually dating Shirosagi - Lui's cousin at that - he only felt betrayed. Because one, she knew how much he hated the guy and two according to his theory nothing good will come out of dating a Shirosagi. But of course, his worries were taken for granted and she continued to date him anyway. The albino didn't mind at first because no offence but his cousin was not the best person when it came to love and dating. They'll just break up sooner or later, Shu thought guiltily but with a hint of pleasure ebbed into the thought. This must be what they call guilty pleasure after all. He was being selfish Shu knew but he interpreted it as saving his cousin's dear life. After four months of dating, finally, they decided they are meant to be. (They are not, Shu could confirm but no one asked him so he kept his mouth shut) They were disgustingly in love. When she finally announced this at a family dinner Shu googled about the quickest ways to die but didn't do it because his parents would be sad. He's their only child after all. (He was not chickening out. Nah, nope) he was at his aunt's house when she introduced the guy to his parents. Shu found himself sitting in front of his future ... cousin-in-law? (Is that even a thing?) Needless to say, that was a day full of surprises.

The man was different from Lui. When he meant something different, it's like a difference that made Shu convinced either this guy is adopted or Lui is. But damn they got that same beautiful violet eyes. His were vibrant with joy and liveliness while Lui's were deadass cold. He talked with them and joked around. It was like having this disco ball of lively energy inside a room and Shu (though he would not admit it) found himself liking the guy as well. A tiny part of him - the sincere part - knew his cousin and this guy would totally hit it off. They have so many similarities that it was terrifying. Maybe they are meant to be after all. He was even interested in Shu's career as a professional blader.

After a couple of days, the chaos began. Shu found himself taking day off after day off until he finally decided to take a break until the wedding preparations were over. Thankfully, Fubuki was there to take care of his work. Seriously, bless that soul. He was dragged back and forth to the hotel, to the florist, even to the tourist departments to arrange their honeymoon to Paris. Their family was pretty small. They were both only children and the only cousins and she was like a sister to him since he was young. So as a younger brother, Shu decided to give his all to the marriage. The wedding was grand. Uncle and Aunt spent a fortune to make it the best day of her life and Shu didn't blame them, she was their only daughter after all.

The engagement party was two weeks before the wedding. Shu snuck around the house the whole time and excused himself from the gatherings whenever he spotted the flaming light blue hair among the crowd. But Shu had to agree that Lui's two younger sisters were adorable. Sucks that Lui didn't have a hint of that cuteness to him. When midnight passed, he finally sat down on a stool beside the bar counter, thinking he'll manage a couple of drinks. He had hit eighteen after all, worth the try. It was not his first try, but he was more of a wine fan. Classic. But right now, he was staring at a glass of tequila second-guessing his choices when his nemesis sat down on the seat beside him. He ordered something Shu hadn't even heard of. Shu scowled, downing the glass in one go. That was not at all a good idea. "Kurenai" Lui smirked, "Saw you sneaking around the whole night, are you that scared of me?"

Shu narrowed his eyes and downed another glass. "I had work to do. I am not afraid of you Shirosagi. More like I despise you"

Lui shrugged, watching in wonder as Shu downed the third glass. "You should really stop, you know. You already look drunk to me"

"I'm not a fucking lightweight, shut up" The ground was shaking, Shu notices. Earthquake? Lui's voice snaps him back to focus.

"You really look out of it"