Compliments

A/n - Many people requested a Free x Shu from me. And I shall not deprive you of juicy Free x Shu content. They are aged up in this fic, like around fourteen. ENJOY!

If anyone asked Shu whether he fit in BC Sol, his instant answer would be no. He really didn't. BC Sol was not like any other club Shu had seen when the team tournaments occurred. They were a tight-knit group. They weren't individuals separated by their own desires, they were a family with a history of ups and downs. They belonged with each other and Shu was content watching their story unfold as a bystander.

He will be going home soon. The thought of Japan, the sweet, crispy scent coming out of the bakery, the familiar smiles and hellos as he passes people by the street, make him relaxed. He still wonders why he decided to fly overseas, abandoning the comfort home offered. Maybe it was the freedom he needed, maybe to forget the horrible memories that occurred in that place. But there is still the yearning, longing to go back there. Home; where he can easily feel belonged.

Shu walks through the deserted hallway leading to the cafeteria. He doesn't search for his friends, doesn't even question himself where everyone has gone. He had learned quite a few rules throughout his stay in this place, they have a schedule for the three meals — in Raging Bulls though, they could get their meal at any time and no one bothered to check upon them. He used to skip meals to his heart's content.

He stands outside the wooden doors, the knob smoothed with years of using, holding on itself the memories of a lifetime. He hangs back, listening to the laughter emanating from the cafeteria. The bustle of chatter, the sound of plates clinking together, cutlery smacking the trays. He opens the door and steps in.

The inside was warm — heaters chasing away the coldness of the winter. Ange is in her usual spot, handing out the dinner trays, advising everyone to eat their fill. He searches for the familiar faces as he usually does. They are sitting at the same table. The one right beside the windows, overlooking the garden— now a fresh blanket of snow.

He reaches the counter where Ange is making small talk with every member who stops by to grab their dinner. She does the same with everyone, even Shu. And strangely, he found himself looking forward to these small, motherly interactions. "You're late again" Her cheerful voice interferes with his thoughts as she hands him the food tray. The familiar smell of cinnamon and other spices invades his senses.

Shu ducks his head with an apology. "I'm sorry" He smiles sheepishly, taking the tray. "Just got lost in another book"

Ange shakes her head, and ruffles his hair. "You and your books" She says with mock exasperation. "Eat well sweetheart, I'm sure you're going to love my new recipe"

Shu nods, "I sure will" He says walking away from the counter. Valt, who has spotted him, is now waving frantically, screaming his name. This is the most embarrassing part of the routine. He really wished Valt wouldn't put him in the centre of attention.

He places his food tray on the table and sits down, sighing. "You don't have to do that every time I come here, Valt"

Valt grins, "I am just making sure you won't get lost" He bumps his elbow with Honcho who agrees, nodding furiously.

"He's right. We're taking care of you"

Sasha snickers at that and Cuza nudges her to stop. Shu presses his lips into a thin line and surrenders. The beyclub has been overprotective since the series of incidents. There was nothing he could do about it.

He looks around the table with the familiar faces. Some of them were close friends — Honcho and Valt, some he had built a good relationship with — especially Rickson who is one of the most understanding people he had met in his life and Cuza who is always trying to lighten up his mood. There is Silas, they respected each other, that was it. Kitt and Honey still maintained a fair distance, and Sasha rarely talked with him.