Christmas Miracle - Christmas Collection (3)

Idea given byAtsikayna

The snow blanketed streets of New York are bustling with people. Families, couples out in the snow, creating memories, enjoying the holiday spirit. Inside the massive building of Raging Bulls, everything was in chaos. Trainees, coaches and even the management unit who usually walk around in their business suits and somber expressions were in the lobby, decorating the interior, marvelling at the massive Christmas tree. Fubuki and Lane, the famous students of the legendary blader Kurenai Shu are also there, trying to make sense of the tangled mess the lights have become. The two were bickering while Harry was sitting on top of Fubuki's head, looking at his owner with inquisitive eyes.

"Stop pulling!" Fubuki yells, doing the same himself.

"I'm not!" Lane grumbles, glaring at Harry for his betrayal from time to time.

All the while, Valt and the BC Sol are there. Having arrived two days earlier, the whole crew is arranging the piles of gifts. Wrapped in a storm of colours, red, blue and yellow. Delta is busy sorting through the ribbons, reading the cards and making sure they were attached to the right gift. Drum is right beside him, playing with a bright red ribbon, trying to tease Delta or just generally get the ruby-eyed male's attention. Having the Christmas Eve party in Raging Bulls is almost a custom. They all gather here to celebrate the energy and open early Christmas presents before the bigger party on Christmas usually held in some other place.

When Shu walks in, he stands for a while by the elevator, taking in the mayhem of activities around the lobby. The usual monotony was replaced with cheerful teenagers excitingly decorating, teasing and generally enjoying life. A smile touches his lips. Memories of the past catching up with him. When they were just teenagers, just there for the chaos. It has already been a decade since he became the manager of Raging Bulls. Even at twenty three, he still enjoyed the spirit of Christmas like a child. The twinkle in his eyes as he glances around the place is just a fragment of happiness.

"Shu!" Valt yells, running up to him. The two friends smile, bumping their fists in a friendly gesture. A few other bladers look up from their work and smile at him with a slight wave. Shu acknowledges them with a soft smile.

"Looks busy" Shu comments, following Valt to the BC Sol Bladers. Free is sprawled upon a chair, barely awake. He has known this man for years and still didn't know how he could balance this lifestyle without fail. Honcho holds up a bright yellow gift and shakes it, trying to listen to the content inside.

"This one is something made of glass" He's saying to the green haired male. Silas looks annoyed by this mindless game but didn't complain. Maybe he's also infected by the Christmas Spirit.

"Oi Shu" Honcho suddenly says, "Are you going somewhere?" He gestures at the car keys dangling from his hand.

Shu nods, "Yeah. Don't worry, I'll be back in five"

"I don't believe that for a second" Free drawls half-heartedly tying a ribbon when Christina nudges him to work.

Christina punches him playfully in the arm, "Don't listen to him Shu. I'll take care of the things, you can leave"

Shu smiles gratefully at her and nods. She's really an angel. "Thank you Christina"

She nods at him and turns back to scolding Free for tying the ribbon like he's wrapping a mummy for Halloween. Shu waves and steals one last glance at Fubuki and Lane who seem to have sorted through the lights before walking out of the bulls, welcoming the fresh, cold air in his lungs.

The drive to the airport is quiet except for the slow drumming of a pop song reverberating in the car. When Lui promised to visit for Christmas, Shu had been ecstatic. In the past few weeks, both of them barely had any time to visit each other. The late night phone calls and the text messages were the only things that kept him company when Shu wondered whether this long-distance thing would work. When they got together five years ago, they both decided this was just a trial. He liked Lui, has liked him since he was fourteen but pushed aside those feelings claiming them to be mere childish infatuations. When the White Tyrant confessed under that starry night when they went camping, his heart leaped from his chest, and Yes. That was his answer. He didn't take a moment to think. It felt right. So he said yes.