Prologue- Until We Meet Again

"Before I begin, I want to make something clear. I've already told you about what was probably the worst trauma of my life. You heard the story of how I was kidnapped then freed myself and millions of others from captivity, killed my kidnapper, and somewhere along the way fell in love. However, that is not the story of who I am. It shaped me, but what came after shows part of me that you don't know. It shows the saddest and the happiest times of my life. The story I am about to tell you is my coming of age. Despite our current situation, I really do like you, and you're the only person I can tell my full story to. I couldn't do that with my therapist, or my parents. I need to vent, finally. So, I'm going to tell you everything that happened. Raw. It'll be a healing process of sorts for me, even if it gives you exactly what you need for your revenge. But first, you need to promise me something." Nani leaned forward to meet the eyes of her captor, hoping to find some semblance of trustworthiness in her friend's eyes.

"Nani, you aren't in the position to make requests. I have your child and your husband. " they reminded her sternly. Nani chuckled.

"Darling you aren't in the position to deny my requests. I have the information you need. You need me, but you must be out of your goddamn mind if you think I'm telling you shit with my child's life in danger. I'm tired. I'll tell you what you need to know. All I want is the safety of my baby. After that, you can do whatever you want. My mother in law doesn't live far from here. I want my child delivered to her expeditiously with a note from me giving her specific instructions. I want verbal confirmation from her that she received everything. Heads up, the note will give her access to some nasty secrets of yours. If her or my daughter are harmed they will be leaked automatically. Don't bother trying to look for what part of the note gives her access, you won't find it. These are my terms. If they are not followed completely, with no gimmicks of any sort, you get nothing! " Nani spat. The woman leaned back thoughtfully, as if to consider Nani's proposal.

"I accept your terms, out of the kindness of my heart. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, you have no power here." they aimed the gun in their hand at Nani's forehead.