*16*

Nabi's POV

"I will come to visit you soon," I said. Yoojin was reading a children's book and I quietly left not to interrupt her. Taeyang quickly moved back, as if he was listening to our conversation. "What were you doing?" I asked him. "Nothing," He said so quickly as if he had that answer ready to go. I gave him a questioning look. "Well, I said goodbye to her," I said. "But you will go see her again right? You promised her" Taeyang said. "AHA! Gotcha. I didn't say anything about promising to visit her again. You were listening to our conversation" I said, catching Taeyang. He had a look of defeat on his face. "Okay fine. You caught me. Shall we go now?" Taeyang asked. "Why did you wanna listen to our conversation?" I asked. "No reason. This is just my building, my project so I can do whatever I want" Taeyang said. "Even listening to private conversations," I asked him. "I.. ahh.." Taeyang stuttered. "Exactly. But it's okay. I forgive you" I said jokingly and walked ahead of him towards the exit.

Taeyang caught up to me. "I have to show you something else," Taeyang said. "Something else?" I asked him confused. "Yes. Well, it's our headquarters here in Busan. We have one in Seoul as well but I'll show you the headquarters of Busan. It's basically the same, just different people" Taeyang said. "Okay, let's go," I said happily and started walking.

We got into the helicopter again. "How far is it from here?" I asked. "Not that far" Taeyang answered. I was looking out the window again, looking towards all the buildings and birds that were flying in the air. "Busan is bigger then I thought," I said. "You've never been here?" Taeyang asked me surprised. "No... I was homeless, remember? Kicked out of my home. I never got to go anywhere until recently because I saved up some money. I moved to Seoul and got an apartment from my boss so I could come to work early" I said but by saying that I realized what had happened. "Wait a minute. The fire... the apartment complex fire. Your dad started it. In the apartment that we rented to a girl to work for us. You were that girl?" Taeyang asked. "To be honest, I don't remember much from that time because it kinda gives me a trauma. But I think it might've been me" I said. "Might've?" Taeyang asked me. "As I said, I don't remember much from those days," I said.

Taeyang got impatient. He remembered something. "She had blonde hair at that time," Taeyang said. "I did have blonde hair for a while," I said. "She had a tattoo," Taeyang said. My eyes got big. He grabbed me harshly and pulled my shirt down a little near my shoulder so my 'tattoo' was visible. "Wait... this isn't a tattoo. This is burned into your skin" Taeyang said, totally getting sidetracked of what he actually wanted to say. "I know," I said as I pulled my shoulder away from him and putting my shirt back how it was. "Why a heart with a heartbeat line in it?" Taeyang asked. "Because my dad wants me to remember something. But I forgot. I don't know what it is for" I answered.

Now Taeyang finally remembered what he was actually going to say. "Do you remember anything from that night?" Taeyang asked. "Not really" I answered. "So you don't remember us..." Taeyang stopped talking. "Us what?" I asked. "We f*cked okay," Taeyang said. "We did what?!" I yelled. "Don't worry, I don't remember much from it either. I remember the guys waking me up and telling me you had a tattoo and blonde hair" Taeyang said. "What? This? What?!" I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Taeyang looked annoyed as well. "Why is it always you? why does it always end with you? Who is the kickboxer, you. Who is the daughter of the man I hate, you. Who is the girl we searched for after the apartment complex fire, you. Who is the F*CKING GIRL I F*CKED, YOU" Taeyang said. I couldn't tell if he was angry, or just frustrated.

I just stayed silent. I didn't really know what to say, especially since I don't remember it. "Why are you so quiet now?" Taeyang asked. "What do you want me to say? I don't know what happened that night" I said frustrated and raised my voice a little. "Tell me you hate me. Tell me how dumb we are. Tell me why I am..." He stopped talking. "Tell you why you are what?" I asked him. "Nothing. Forget it" Taeyang said. I could see the awkwardness of whatever he was thinking. I don't know what's going on in his mind, but it's making him frustrated, conflicted, and awkward. "What? It looked like you were ashamed of something you were about to say" I teased him a little. "You sure about that?" Taeyang asked me. "Yes, positive. Otherwise, you would've told me what you were going to say" I said.