*14*

Nabi's POV

"I'm Taeyang's Father," the man said. I froze, Taeyang's dad? Why is he here? Isn't Taeyang a grown man, besides, they live with 8. "Oh, sure, yes, come in," I said and step aside while opening the door wider for the man to walk in. I closed the door and then I followed the man into the living room. He sat down and looked at me. "I haven't seen you here, you're not one of the guys' you know" The man spoke. "Ah no. Rowoon brought me here because I wasn't feeling well, but since I was in the apartment complex fire they let me stay here a little longer" I explained. "You were in the fire, really?" he asked. I nodded to answer him. "Anyway, would you like to drink something?" I asked him politely. "A glass of water please," he said.

I walked into the kitchen to get him a glass of water when I heard him talking.

"I heard you're at work"

"Wondering why I know?"

"I'm at your house, the girl seems lovely"

"See you soon"

With the last sentence, I could hear him being sarcastic a little. Did he just call Taeyang? They don't seem to get along well. Because of the conversation he just had, I was going to be more cautious about this man. I walked back into the living room with a smile on my face and hand him the glass of water. "Thank you, dear," he said. "Nabi... Nabi is my name" I said as I sat down on a chair. "What a lovely name. Call me Mr.Yoo" he said in such a low voice, it almost made me a little scared. Yoo, that's Taeyang's full name... Yoo Taeyang. "You seem like a lovely girl. What happened in the fire complex must've been awful" Mr.Yoo said. "You could say that, yes" I answered him.

"Can't you live with your parents until you've found a new place?" Mr.Yoo asked me. "I don't have parents" I sort of lied, but I wish it was the truth. "Oh, I'm sorry for asking," He apologized. "You couldn't have known. So it's okay," I said. "Are you aware of what the guys do for a living?" he asked me with a severe expression. Was he testing me? Should I lie here? "I know Rowoon works at a cafe," I said. I didn't lie nor told the actual truth. "That's true, how did you know that?" he asked. "Oh, I work there too," I said with a smile. "Ah. Have you seen anything out of the ordinary here?" Mr.Yoo asked. "No, not that I know," I said. "Good," he said silently but I still heard it.

"Are you related to a Cha by any chance?" He asked me all of a sudden. My eyes grew big. "I- uhh no. Why?" I asked as normal as possible. "You look like a Cha I know. I hate him. Turned my own son against me and killed someone dear to me. But if it's not Cha, then what is it?" He asked. I was about to answer when the door swung open and Taeyang stormed inside, immediately standing in front of me. Was he being protective over me? What is happening?

"Ah, Taeyang, my dear son. How nice of you to stop by, leaving your work even" Mr.Yoo said with an undertone that said he wasn't happy to seem him at all. Didn't he just say that someone turned his own son against him? He's turning himself against his son. I wanted to ask Taeyang what exactly was going on but I didn't dare to interrupt. "Leave, right now," Taeyang said to his dad. "What if I don't want to? You actually interrupted a nice conversation between me and Nabi. She's a sweetheart, you better don't break her... or should we say let her break you" His dad laughed. What are they talking about? "Now that we're talking about it. I heard your ex is working for you in a casino now and another girl you hired disappeared after the apartment complex fire. You're doing great" Mr.Yoo said sarcastically. Why are they looking for the apartment complex fire girl? Speaking about that, that's me! Why do they want me? I think It's better if I don't tell them who I am.

"Nabi, tell Taeyang we had a nice conversation and that I did nothing wrong," Mr.Yoo said. Taeyang didn't turn towards me to listen to me, instead, he started talking for me. "No, she's not going to talk. You have nothing to do with her. You're not going to ruin someone's life again just because she's close to me" Taeyang said. Close to him? I am far from close to him, or am I close to him? "Come on, don't hide her away from me. We just had a nice conversation" Mr.Yoo said as he tried to look past Taeyang towards me. There must be a really good reason for Taeyang to protect me like this and that was starting to scare me. What happened in his past? I felt the same ache in my chest so I put my hand on my heart and grabbed my shirt there, hoping it would lessen the pain but it didn't. I didn't want to show myself to them like this. I don't know what's wrong with me but I don't like it one bit.