*8*

Nabi's POV

"What do you mean? Taeyang? You've met him?" Kai asked. "Well, I don't actually know him. I've just seen him a lot over the days. I bumped into him almost everywhere I went" I said. "Is this going to be a problem for you?" Kai asked with a very serious expression. "No, of course, it won't, This might actually help me get closer to him. I do have to warn you. It might take a while for me to actually get close to him, we haven't started on good terms. I, however, will not fail" I said confidently. "Nabi, are you sure you're up for this?" Youngbin asked me. "I've been born in this life. Also, haven't I worked for you before? If you know me, you know I don't fail or give up easily" I said. "Alright, let's get it done agent," Kai said. "Agent?" I asked. "Well, you took on this mission, you're considered an agent in my eyes now. Worked for us before and with your mentality, you could've been an agent if you wanted to" Kai said. "I'll consider it, thanks for the compliment. I'll keep you guys updated when I have them. See you guys later" I said and got up from the chair. "Good luck, agent" Youngbin smiled. I smiled back and then left the building.

Okay Taeyang, let's see who you exactly are.

~Time skip~

Another day, another workday. At least I get to see Rowoon and Soojin again. We've become really good friends in just one day. I slowly walked into the cafe, looking tired as ever. "Nabi, what happened to you? You look terrible" Soojin noticed. I looked at her. I was almost about to cry but I didn't, I held myself together. But by Soojin saying that Rowoon immediately came running towards me. "Oh my god. Soojin is right, you look bad. What happened?" He asked me. They both started pushing me to a chair and forced me to sit down. "I haven't slept in a long while" I partially lied. It was true that I didn't sleep for a while, but my mind kept going to my sister and that other little girl.

"I don't want to sound rude, but you smell. Like, actually" Soojin tried to say as positive as possible. "I know" and that's when I started to cry. "Hey, what's wrong? Talk to us" Rowoon said as he hugged me. "I don't have a home. I just stay in a motel. That stupid apartment fire ruined everything I had going for me. Since the fire happened my life only went downhill" I explained while trying to calm down. "Is it okay if we talk about this after work? We have to open soon" Rowoon asked me carefully. "Yeah, that's okay. I can put on a smile for work, don't worry" I said. I looked at Rowoon who gave me a soft smile. I quickly faked a smile and got up. It's not that I wanted to be rude to him by faking a smile, I just did not have the energy to smile. "You sure?" Soojin asked. "I have to. If I don't work, I don't get paid, if I don't get paid, I will have no roof to sleep under at all" I said. I walked off to the back.

After a while, the cafe was open and a lot of people came in. I looked happy on the outside throughout the whole day, but inside I was drowning in regret, guilt, and sorrow. Why do all the bad things happen in times like this? It's all my dad's fault, he'll pay... I will kill him myself if I have to.

People were slowly leaving. Soojin and Rowoon agreed to let me have a little rest and clean up the cafe. The first thing my mind went to is the videos on my phone. I put my headphones in and looked at the videos, again and again, and again. Tears fell out of my eyes and off of my face but I didn't make a sound. My hand was just over my mouth the entire time as I kept looking at my phone in shock. I had been sitting like that for 20 minutes until I realized Rowoon and Soojin were done cleaning and had been sitting in front of me for 3 minutes. When I noticed they were sitting there, I quickly pulled my headphones out of my ears and turned my phone off. "What were you looking at?" Soojin asked. "Nothing, it's nothing. Just a stupid video of animals getting hurt. That always gets to my emotions" I lied and faked smile after. "Are you sure you were looking at animals getting hurt?" Rowoon asked me. "I'm fine. I am. Don't worry" I said but immediately yawned after.