Chapter 2: My Mate

Zacznij od początku

The girl smiled and started to twirl her hair "I'm Anne McLane. Who are you?" she asked, putting her hand on my chest.

I backed up slowly her hand falling down to her side. "I'm Logan Night, the new biology teacher."

Her eyes started to sparkle. "Oh, I thought you were a bit too old to be a high school student. How old are you?"

"I'm 21." I answered with distain in my voice.

"Oh really? so young?"

"I graduated high school at a young age." I answered looking over her head at my mate. She was now talking with three people. Two were girls, both blonde, but extremely different from one another. The one blonde was tall and thin, blue eyes small nose dressed head to toe in pink, like a regular Barbie doll, once I might have found her attractive but now she doesn't hold a flame to my mate. The other blonde was tall but a bit smaller than the other, her hair had strips of black and blue to them. Her eyes were surrounded with an extreme amount of makeup around them. The boy was tall, about 6'1/6'2, he would have been considered quiet good looking to most girls, I saw him as a rival, and he seemed close with my mate. I saw him say something to her and she laughed, I was so jealous I almost went over there and ripped off his head.

"-and most teachers trust me, so if you ever need anything you can just ask me." Anne said. I just realized that I hadn't been listening to what she just said.

I just smiled said "Thank you." She was saying something when I watched my mate walk away from her friends, having a sensual sway to her walk. I was practically drooling when I said "who's that?" without even thinking, cutting off Anne from whatever she was saying.

"Who?" she asked.

"Her," I said while pointing at my mates retreating figure.

"Why do you want to know about her? she's like a major freak in this school. She doesn't talk to anyone in this school besides Noah and Jane, like she thinks she's better then everyone here."

 I felt a sudden wave of anger and jealousy. Anger because of the way she was talking about my mate and jealousy because one of her closest friends was a guy. This Noah guy was one of her good friends, someone she probably hung out with, someone she probably trusted. Just thinking about him and her TOGETHER made me so jealous I wanted to rip his heart out and feed it to the pack. "What's her name?" I asked trying not to snap but it came out cold and angry.

Anne looked startled at the change in my voice. "Her name is Hayley Lake. She's a junior this year."

"Thank you. Now please excuse me, class is going to start soon." I said in a smooth voice.

"No of course! If you need anything just look for me." She said her voice much too enthusiastic for my taste.