23. Our first proper talk! ... Giving a chance!!

Nandini's POV

I felt so relieved knowing that he does NOT love that actress... it's like sudden waves of happiness n contentment washed my heart shore.

Then he asked for a chance!

His eyes held the honesty for his words, his eyes held the guilt for his deed, he seems sincere of each and every word he said. Since the very day he was guilty, n has been apologizing for a week.

Moreover, I don't want to destroy this marriage relation which got me a new family, a caring, loving, crazy yet happy family. I got Mom, who loves me like her own daughter, take care of my needs, whether I eat food or not, what I feel; sisters-in-laws who r more like own sister n friends, with whom I can be myself, who'll stand for me; brothers-in-laws who make u feel like u r their own sister n they would protect u from all evil forces, and a cute little Arjun, who keep all of us alive. Perfect Happy family that one could ever get!

I looked at Manik, who is waiting impatiently for my answer. I released a deep audible sign before walking to the hall n sitting on the sofa. He followed n stood in front.

"Nandini?" I patted the seat beside me indicating him to sit. He sat with me, not so far.

"I don't wanna break this marriage even though we r forced" I spoke much to his surprise maybe, becoz he looked really like he didn't expect to hear it. He remains silent n I proceed.

"I never got to experience this feelings of love, care n togetherness with my own parents which I'm getting here, in my in-law's house.

From the very moment Rishu was born, when I was just 1, he was very weak n Maa got complications during her delivery. Rishu was premature birth so, to take full care of him my parents send me to my Amms, my Grandma. First, I used to cry n miss my parents a lot, of course, I was so small to be separated, but slowly with Amms' care, her storytelling, her love, I grew up.
Then when I passed class 5th, mom-dad came to take me back to the city for my further studies as the school in the village was primary only. By that time, I was so attached to Amms that I couldn't cop up with her loss. But Amms didn't want to come to the city in her last days n wanna spend time in her motherland.
Somewhat with great difficulties, I got myself together n joined higher school & stayed in the hostel only, not with my parents. Becoz that time Dad's business was budding n mom used to get tired taking care of Rishu only. As they know, I'm strong n I understand, they put me in the hostel. Well, I don't oppose much or cried that time as I was not that close to them from the past 7yrs.

During my school, I made many friends, but only two of them were really my true friends. I got the love, care, protection, attachment, everything, only from them n only for them. They became my guide, my mentor who could tell me what's wrong n what's right, they scold me when I do any mischief, they made me recognize n rectify my mistakes. They did everything that probably my parents n siblings should have done."

By this time, I don't get to know that tears had made their way from my eyes. I only got to sense when I felt Manik's reassuring hand on my hand which is on my thigh. I looked at him with my teary eyes only to meet his concern moist eyes. I didn't know when I started to go deep into the buried hurting past...

I took so deep breaths while closing my eyes before opening it again with a faint smile, I continued...

"It's not like I'm complaining against my parents that they don't love me, they don't care and all...  I know they love, they care for me as much as Rishu.
Rishab needed attention n care that time n I'm glad they did that. Otherwise, I couldn't have got this strong, healthy, smart brother as I have now. He's the best thing my parents got me.