6. Elope To Her Love

"Don't come near me"

"The glasses are still on the floor and it's slippery too. ... I'm fine, u should clean ur feet. It still has oil on it." Saying this I started to walk passed them to my room. I could not even walk properly; I shudder but walked on holding the wall near me.

----- ------ ---------

After half an hour, I came down holding the staircase railing after putting a band-aid on the cut. I saw them eating lunch all quiet. Navya is enjoying the dishes I made, I felt good. I moved to the door to go out.

" where r u going nandu, come have ur lunch." Mom said softly. I turned to see all r looking at me but Manik is not bothered.

"I'm leaving for hospital mom. I informed u na."

"but u can't even walk properly, is it necessary to go today." She said out of concern eyeing my foot.

"ya mom. I told them, I'll visit today. I haven't been there for 1 month already."

"Okay, but have something before u leave at least. U have made really tastily lunch today" Navya said licking her fingers.

"I'm glad u like it. I made it all for u. U should have more of it. It's all healthy for u n ur baby. ... n I'm not hungry now. I'll have something at the hospital only." I said with a smile a turned.

"Ramu kaka will drop u, u should not walk more" now Mukti stated calling the driver.

"Ok, thanks" I smiled.

"It's all because of u, u don't know how to behave." I can hear Navya saying as I was going out. To whom is she scolding, ... ...   .... me???

...

--- --------------- ----

Manik pov

Its 10 pm now, still Nandini is not home. Ramu kaka is back after dropping her saying she asks him to return home. Everyone r in the hall only ...worried for her. How can she be this irresponsible? Can't she inform, if she will be late? .....

Is she alright? Did something happen to her? Even she can't walk properly. I should not have said those words to her, she must be hurt, right?

"Manik, call her and ask if she is fine n when will she come." Said mom all worried.

" ya" I started searching her Number on my phone.

"Oh no.."

"what's wrong Manik?" Mukti asked.

"woowww.... I don't have her no."

"What!!! U don't have ur wife's phone no. What's wrong with u Manik?" said Navya in cold tone.

I didn't know what to say, so I remain silent.

A car halts in front of the door. We eyed there.  .... ... A girl in crop top and shorts came out of the driver seat and walked to the passenger seat and open its door. Nandini came out and walked in with the support of the girl. Alya and Mukti helped her to sit on the sofa.

"nandu, what happed to ur leg? Why it is swollen and bandaged?" mom asked in concern tone.

"it's nothing, mom. ... It's just a small.."

"Nothing! Really nandu!!!"  the girl shouted cutting nandu. "if u r not getting the seriousness in the situation than let me tell u, if u have delayed it for one day then u could have to lose ur foot forever"

"what r u saying?" I finally said as I'm not getting how a glass cut would result in loss of foot... forever.

"wow .... u r Manik, right? ... ... Can't u take care of ur wife properly, is this how u fulfill ur responsibilities as a husband" she shouted.

"stop it Inaya. I'm fine now. Calm down please." Nandini said to which she calmed a bit.

"What exactly happened?" now Navya asked sitting aside nandu and caressing her hand.

"She had a glass piece stuck her leg which was swelling badly. If she hadn't get it removed today, it could have get worst." Inaya answered before nandu could say.

"Thankfully I caught her walking painfully in the corridor to her cabin and confronted her. The doctor had to cut the skin to take out the glass as it was deep inside, that's why it took time." She informed everyone. 

"but nandu, why didn't u consult a doctor earlier, can't u guess the possibilities?" she questioned eyeing nandu.

"I can, Inaya, n I did as the pain goes on increasing with passing time, but...."

"but?" Inaya exclaimed.

"but u know na...  Mrs. Khanna is not stable now-a-days. And today evening, her condition worsened. I need to operate on her, first. I just can't give her case to my juniors."

"oh ... so u can neglect ur health for others. .... (concerned) nandu, u need to be fine to help others, u know right?" Inaya said calmly to make nandu understand.

Nandu nodded.  "Sorry" said holding her ears with a cute innocent face.

Inaya took her into a hug and smiled. All chuckled looking at nandu's cute attic and their friendship. Inaya broke the hug and took out a card and chocolate from her purse and handed it to nandu.

She got all confused, " what is this, Inu?" asked holding the card, its thank you card.

"Mrs. Khanna's daughter wanted to give u this. But u had already left for the doctor so I kept it. She wanted to meet u, u should visit her some time"

Nandu smiled reading the card. "I'll surely visit her tomorrow."

"no" I said out of sudden that all looked at me. "I mean u can't walk, so..."

"Manik is right. U should not step out till ur leg heel, not even move" Navya said in a bossy tone.

" but my patient..."

"no work till u recover," Inaya said...

(to mom and di) ... "aunty, u have to keep an eye on her. Or better tie her or else this stubborn-head will elope to her love."