15. Manik tried... *Smirk*

Manik's POV

"Can I know Mrs. Nandini's cabin?" I asked the receptionist at the Global hospital.

She looked up from her desk n smiled looking at my face which I tried to hide wearing a cap and said excitedly  "Are u The Manik Malhotra? OMG... I'm a huge fan of urs..."

"Thank u" I said as I should not disappoint any of my fans.

"Oh My God... I can't believe it I'm meeting u personally... my friends would be jealous hearing it...  Can I get a selfie please?" she asked totally ignoring my question n her job.

"Sure... but then u have u continue ur work." I said plastering a smile n she nodded taking out her phone n we clicked some selfies.

"Thank u very much... Aaamm... Whom r u asking for?" She said going back to her desk.

"Miss. Nandini."

"Actually there r 4 Nandini in this Hospital... Whom r u looking for exactly?" she said checking her desktop.

"Mrs. Nandini Malhotra"

"Sorry Sir... there is no one with that name." she said.

What?  but I clearly remember that she mentioned this hospital name.

"Can u check it once again?" I requested n she did... Benefits of being an actor u know!

"Sir... there is only Nandini Singh, Nandini Roy, Nandini K. Dubey & Nandini Murty." she read all the names to make her point clear.

Did she lie that she worked here? But why would she?

Wait... 'Nandini Murty' Yes it is her...

But... Why didn't she change her name? ... Didn't she want this marriage?

This thought for the first time created disturbances in me... I don't like the fact... Why? even I don't know!

"Sir?" a voice disturbed my thoughts when I'm standing with my thoughts.

"Where can I meet Nandini Murty?" I asked her n she looked a bit surprised n confused by my question but answered.

"1st floor, Right Side... But she might be on round... u should confirm from the reception there."

I nodded n left for 1st Floor.

I entered the 1st floor... the board above reads 'Neurology Dept.' The smell of medicine n typical hospital is there but the surrounding is clean. The nurse in blue outfit r running here n there with files, medical equipment n helping three patients in wheelchairs n bed also. Families r waiting, sitting n standing with worried n concern all over their face... Staffs n many doctors in white coat busy in their works...

I walked ahead in the corridor passing many rooms with patients n doctors inside, few cabins, OT, ICUs, OPDs, ECG room n many more... all the time searching for her.

I guess I should ask at the reception.

I walked towards the reception desk n was about to ask when I spotted her coming out of a room a few rooms away with a white coat on n hair opened talking to a man with white on, maybe another doctor.

She didn't notice me & was turned her back facing me. I walk also to her but a few step distances.

"Keep me updated on him."

"What's the condition of 301?" she added looking through the file.

"He is still unconscious n vitals r normal except low BP" the doctor man informed... He seems to be her junior.