Chapter 18

Sorry I didn't update for a long time. My phone was bad for a while so  couldn't type, I got a new phone like last 2 weeks but I was too lazy to download Wattpad again and continue writing. I'm very sorry.

Buttercup's POV
Flashback to three days before that day
I was in my room reading....ok no, I was browsing through my phone when I heard a knock on my window. "Butch?" I mouthed in confusion.
You would think I would be used to him appearing in my bedroom room window considering the fact that he visits me often. "What are you doing here?" I asked. He usually called and slyly asked whether the professor was home.

He gestured to the lock on my window, "oh." I exclaimed before letting him in.

"We need to talk." He stated.

'we need to talk?' Nobody used that sentence unless they wanted to break up. No, was he going to break up with me? I could already feel the tears pooling in my eyes and my heart cracking a little.

"You couldn't even wait till morning to dump me." I hissed at him while pounding my fist on his chest; not hard enough for it to hurt, "You're an asshole."

"No Buttercup." He grabbed both my wrist but I was still struggling, "listen, that's not why I'm here."

I calmed, "It's not?"

"No." He replied like it was the most obvious thing ever. Maybe it was I could feel his emotions, it was love mixed with fear. Fear? Why was he afraid?

"What's wrong Butch?"

He let go of my wrists, "Something's going to happen a few days from now. I heard Majo talking about getting revenge for Mojo. I don't really know everything but whatever happens just know....I won't hate you. You might..." He faced the ground shielding his eyes from mine.
I placed both my hands on his cheeks and forced his eyes to meet mine, "Might what?"

"You might have to kill me."

The look in his eyes told me he was dead serious, "Butch." I whispered as I took a step back from him. "What's going on?"

"I can't tell you because you would not protect your self the way I want you to."

Why was he being so nonchalant, he asked me to freaking kill him but he acted it was a normal thing to say. I wasn't going to kill him. He doesn't get to make that kind of decision for me.

"I am not going to kill you Butch." I stated.

He should have told me I didn't have to, I wanted to hear him say we would overcome whatever will happen together instead he pulled me into a hug then said, "you have to. I'm sorry."

"No." The tears were pouring out.

I didn't want him to hug me, I wanted him to tell me this was all a joke, I wanted him to tell me he wouldn't have to die. I wanted to have him to myself forever. I don't want it to end this way.

"Yes Buttercup and always remember I love you, please do what you have to do to survive."
Flashback over
"Kaoru?"

"Its about time." I emerged from the shadows. "Hi Butch."

"Kaoru?" He looked taken aback. If not for the desk behind him he would have lost balance. "How did you get into my room? When? How long have you....?"

What explanation would I give him, I didn't have enough time to prepare myself.
"I missed you."
A pregnant silence passed over us, just our eyes looking into each others'. Why was he being so quiet. Maybe I shouldn't have told him I missed him. I was probably being to desperate hoping he would still like me after all these years.