Chapter 6

I rushed out of there because shopping with Miyako for make up was hell. I love the kid and she sure knows her colors but she is so indecisive and worst part of all, everything fits her skin.
I glanced down just for a few seconds because I loved watching my feet when I walk and I hate not doing and anything with my hands so I just feel so awkward.
As I looked up, something caught my eyes...something red. Brick. Breathing all of a sudden became heavy, my mind raced with thoughts, I found myself blushing.
'I can't face him right now, this isn't part of the plan.'
I immediately ran into the next store, unfortunately for me it was a hat store and exactly where Brick was heading.
As he made his way into the store I began to hide behind the racks, I couldn't lean like that forever because I began getting strange looks from some shoppers. It would only be a few more minutes before the shop attendant sends me out and that would definitely get Bricks attention.
I picked up the first cap I could get my hands on not bothering to check the color, which was a big mistake. Brick walked into an another section hiding me from him, I was about to make my way to the exit, when my eyes landed of the red face cap on my hands.
Red. It brought back memories. Sweet memories I don't want to remember right now.
It took me back to the time were I would ask Brick for his cap because I wanted to feel special knowing he never takes it off but he always turns me down. The first he let me put it on, we were at our special place; when I asked he told me no while fighting back a smile. I looked away pouting and he whispered in my ear, "I only give it to people I love." Then he slipped the soft fabric on my head and whispered again after he spun me around, "it suits you". I grinned so widely, I had to cover it up by planting a kiss on his lips but that made me only blush.
I wiped a stray tear away then looked up before his voice startled me.
"Perfect."
I didn't notice just a few inches in front of me and I got so distracted that I didn't realize. So stupid.
As he yanked the cap out of my hand and placed it on his head I glared at him. I don't know why but I felt like he had taken the last piece of him that I didn't want to hate. He finally looked down at me, his red eyes made my heart hurt. It made the dam of tears in my eyes want to break open. I noticed something flash in his eyes, but if happened so quickly that I couldn't place my finger on it.
"Looks like you saw it first." He smiled at me then placed it on my head, "it suits you." He added before walking away.
I instantly felt betrayed, like he just removed the meaning from that special day. If he could do it to a stranger, it probably meant nothing that day.
Of course, it meant nothing. If he could hurt me like he did, he probably never loved me.
"Hey," I yelled after him, when he stopped and turned around I immediately shoved the red cap into his stomach very roughly. "Reds not my color." I stated smugly like I didn't just abusive him.
I attempted walking away but his words  stopped me, "well, you could have said that before the compliment and geez, you hit like a power puff."
I stifled a giggle and continued walking letting the clicking of my heels do the talking.
"Damn, nice shoes, they look so cute from down here and they really know how to start a conversation."
He slightly eyed my body, "Is that what you really want to say." I read his mind and caught some perverted thoughts.
He smirked coyly, "I'm a guy, what do you think?"
I increased my pace as I walked out not wanting to fall deeper for his eyes. I can't say fall in love with them again because I never stopped loving him.
As I was done with the shopping I actually wanted to do, I paid the cashier and walked out only to be knocked down by someone. I looked up from my split hands ready to curse the fellow but I immediately saw a crying bubbles.
"Bub-Miyako? What's wrong?"
"I-i'll tell you in the car."