Chapter 15

Butch's POV
"Yo, dude check this out." I exclaimed at Boomer motioning to the tv.
He stared into space not even reacting to me. He has been that way ever since he joined me the living room.
The house has been like a graveyard for the whole week. We weren't hanging out together, teasing each other or smiling.
I can't say we were as close as we were before the incident but we were better than this. Now we weren't even talking to each other and when we did it was always to ask how the other was holding up or necessary things.
"Dude." I nudged him, "whats wrong with you?"
After Miyako left, he remained in his room the rest of the day, i thought he was trying to attend to the boner he had gotten, i guess it was something else. I heard him run in and out of Bricks room and say something about an address but apart from that he was in his room.
What must have happened between them? He was paler and more stoic than ever.
Its like I surrounded myself with zombies, their bodies were here but their minds were somewhere else.
"I can't be here." After his sudden outburst he ran out the door.
I didn't bother following him, I was worried about him but whatever he was going through he needed to fix it himself.
TV all of a sudden didn't feel interesting.
When i don't think TV is interesting; something is wrong.
I should probably coup myself up in my room too, their sadness was kinda contagious. I was about to stop at Bricks room but I decided against it; i went straight to my room.
I had my own problems but i didn't let it eat me up like my brothers were doing. It became worse when they found girls that they finally liked. Liking Kaoru has affected me too though.
Its hard to move on without a clear conscience.
"Ah God BC what did you do to me." I sighed with a smile on my face as i thought of her.
One thing's for sure, I will always love her. My eyes went to the only picture i had of her. I don't remember the last time i looked at the picture. It just sat on my desk gathering dust. I walked up to my desk and picked it up. Her eyes reminded me of how much of a failure i am, how weak i was. I couldn't protect her when she needed me the most.
Her eyes that were always brighter than the sun seemed so broken and dull that day.
Her eyes; her lemon green eyes.
'Oh my god.'
How could I have fallen for the same eyes twice and not realize it.
"Kaoru." I said out loud.
"Its about time." She walked out from the shadows. "Hi Butch."
Buttercup's POV
Bubbles and Blossom got back earlier than i expected, Bubbles was in a bad mood so something definitely went wrong. Blossom immediately went after her when she came in, Bubbles door slamming shut was proof she didn't get to her in time.
Suddenly i had a craving for flying and flying to a particular place. I flew for a while until it was dark until i finally summed up enough courage to face Butch.
I was tired of pretending i hated him. I was tired pretending i was sad because of what happened that day. The truth was actually that he never hurt me. I had to lie to my sisters everyday because of my stupid fear.
Today i was going to face one of my fears; talking to Butch as Buttercup.
I used my empathy to trace him. I could feel his feelings and that's how i was able to find him; that's how i have always been able to find him. When we go through different emotions, either sadness or happiness, we sort of give off a little bit of chemical z and that's what makes our emotions different from the worlds.
I flew into his room through the widow. It would have been so awkward if his room didn't have any. I could have gone through his front like a normal person but nah, this was kinda fun. Besides what was i going to say? 'Hey Butch. Its me Buttercup.' 'I am not dead. Sorry for making you worried.'
His room was dark but not dark enough not to see me. I had to hide where it was the darkest but first i had a look around his room.
I laid on his bed for like 10seconds just to know what it feels like to sleep on it, I went through his clothes like a stalker but no i didn't sniff them, I only sniffed his cologne, i'm a girl, i can't help it.
What had my attention the most was the picture frame on his desk. It was one of the only pictures i had of myself as Buttercup.
Oh god, what was i doing, I needed more time. Time was not on my side because he just walked into his room. I immediately moved to the corner which was darkest.
He sat on his bed with a sigh. After a while of thinking he lifted up his head.
He might actually still like me?
"Ah god BC what did you do to me." He said with a smile on his face.
He noticed the same picture frame i had noticed earlier. When he picked it up he stared at it for a while before his eyes widened.
"Kaoru." He said.
He figured it out.
"Its about time." I stepped out of the shadows, "Hi butch."
---
I wrote this chapter last year, i thought of not publishing it again because its kinda similar to how Boomer figured out Miyako was Bubbles. I hope its not stupid. Butchercup is my favourite ship and i haven't really given them as much chapters as i wanted.
녕. 읽을 것이 그만하지 마세요.