✧ special

"Uncle Sasuke needs help watching the twins. Not that he would admit it."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Ne, uncle why are you staring at Gaara like that?" Nomi curiously questioned. The little boy gaze flickering back and forth between his uncle and the redhead. Wondering why the male was staring rather intently at the other male. "Ow!" Nomi whined. His small fingers rubbing his forehead to ease the pain that came from his uncle poking him too hardly. A pout forming on his chubby face as he now adorned the same glare that seemed to run through their bloodline.

"Don't question me," Sasuke grumbled. His hardened face threatening to crack at the rather adorable pout and glare his nephew was giving him. "Where's your brother at?" Sasuke questioned.

"He's with Shinki," Gaara replied. Ignoring the pointed look he once more received from Sasuke. Honestly, this very much reminded him of the time when they were still kids. The redhead was only putting up with Sasuke's attitude because of (y/n). The kids had wanted to put something together for their mother and Gaara had easily agreed without any thought about it. The female deserved the world, which he would gladly give to her and the boys. But the only downside was that Sasuke had decided to visit from his traveling and intruded on their plans.

"I didn't ask you," Sasuke snarked. The two older males narrowing their eyes at each other. Nomi once more steadily getting confused as he tilted his head to the side and tried to understand them.

"Uncle, do you not like Gaara?" Nomi questioned with a gleam in his blue eyes. An innocent grin plastered on his face as he quietly giggled to himself.

Sasuke blankly stared at his nephew. "Go get your brother and Shinki."

Nomi only huffed in an exaggerated manner. Slowly getting up from his sitting position on the floor. His movements planned slow just to annoy his uncle, which by the narrowed eyes staring intently at him it seemed to work. "Aniki, come here! And bring Shinki!" The loud shout bursted from his little lungs. The sound startling the both usually quiet males.

Gaara sighed, "Nomi, please use your inside voice next time. Go to the room and call them." The little boy only sighed, before listening and padding down the hallway to his bedroom where the other two boys would be at.

"We are both doing this for your sister. I'm hoping that we can at least try to be civil towards each other in front of the boys." Gaara calmly spoke.

"You don't have to do anything for my sister." Sasuke monotonously responded back. His eyes faintly twitching because he knew that Gaara these days seemed to be closer towards (y/n). Closer than what was deemed friends. He briefly closed his eyes. Sasuke had thought that he would be past dealing with males that took interest in his sister. Especially, after everything that happened between the dobe and her but here he was. Put in this very position once again.

Despite how he felt about the Kazekage, the irritating voice in his head knew that he could trust the male with his sister. More so because he's helped her since the beginning and even seemed to care about her children, even if they were from a different man. He swore to himself that he would never tell (y/n) or Gaara about any of these thoughts he had.

"Then we're on the same page," Gaara spoke once more. Further irritating the raven-haired male. The male faintly clicking his tongue but decided to stay silent. The silence between them breaking as footsteps approached the living room once more. (Y/n) had errands to do today and left the boys in Sasuke's care, which left her slightly uneasy because Sasuke and kids didn't seem to mix in her opinion but the boys obviously enjoy the company of their uncle so she decided to leave them with him after all. Sasuke didn't know how his nephews got the Kazekage and his adopted son to come here but here they were.