27 ✧ present

"I was being punished by the Gods in the worst way possible. Not only by conversing with the blonde but by the topic of our previous relationship great."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(Y/n) to say the least was irritated. Now it wasn't that unusual for herself to find a human being in a way annoying to her. Growing up she always had some sort of eyes on her, making her tend to find people somewhat annoying. It only got worse once her eldest brother slaughtered their clan and then her other brother ran off to get power and then try to destroy Konoha.

So in a way people and her just didn't mix. But the key to not showing how she was actually feeling was by being really patient with the others. So she would just concentrate on herself, every once in awhile nodding her along as if she was actually paying attention. And to be fare sometimes she actually did decide to listen.

Yet (y/n) was at the breaking point of making her irritation very prominent. Another thing it wasn't usual for people to get under her skin so often. But she clearly forget how much the blond could rile her, even if he didn't know what he was actually doing. (Y/n) now understood why Sasuke would constantly argue with the blond.

(Y/n)'s eyes were currently narrowed at the blond male, eyebrow twitching every so often. And she was pretty sure she was wearing a trademark scowl on her face. All she could think about was the amount of wrinkles she would be getting on her face if she kept on with the horrid expression. "(Y/n) you look just like Sasuke right now." Naruto joked, turning to face the Uchiha.

Giving him a blank expression, (y/n) looked directly at the male, "We're related dobe. I'm sure everyone from our clan looks similar to one another."

Really if he didn't get from the tone of her voice that she wasn't in the mood to talk with him then she didn't know what to do or how to get herself out of any upcoming conversation. "You sound just like him too." Letting out a sigh, (y/n) turned away from Naruto. Not finding it within herself to make another smart remark back to him.

"Being away from you so long is making me realize that you've turned into a killjoy. You're not as fun as you were when we were younger." Naruto pensively thought out loud, lowering his head down the slightest, as if he were going back to all the memories they had together when they were younger. Before he looked back up.

Gritting her teeth together, (y/n) couldn't stop the anger rising within her body. The feeling so foreign yet welcomed without a second thought. And (y/n) knew that Naruto finally noticed she was angry, by the shocked and wide eyed expression. Which at the moment got her wondering if it was because she was angry or if her sharingan activated unconsciously.

"I would like if you would stop comparing me to my younger self. People change Naruto and you wouldn't know I changed because we haven't talked in years. Which was something I was quite happy that we weren't before you ruined it." (Y/n) spitefully spat out, in no way feeling remorseful for what she said.

It was the truth and sometimes the truth hurt. The painful silence surrounded them, neither of them making any further comments. In a way (y/n) was sort of happy she got that off her chest, it was starting to way her down. Wondering if she should feel happy to be so hurtful but then again, (y/n) could careless about other people's feelings especially his.

"This is because we dated right? Why you're so mad at me right now and why it seems like you can't talk to me like we used to before." Naruto whispered, (y/n) had to give it to him the man may be naive when he wanted to but he certainly wasn't an idiot. The turn of conversation on a topic she wanted to avoid made (y/n) want to run away.

But she wasn't the type to run from her problems nor would she give the male the satisfaction that he was actually right for once. Sitting up straight in her chair, giving the blond her full undivided attention. Her stance screaming for him to continue on.

"I know that it...our relationship didn't end well and I know I hurt you but you and I both know that before we were romantically involved we were best friends. Even greater than my friendship with your brother (y/n)." Naruto truthfully said, his eyes peering straight at her for her to say anything.

(Y/n) didn't bother to stop the bitter laughter that came out of her mouth. "Do you honestly think that after everything we went through I would just be able to talk to you as if nothing ever happened like we never loved each other? Did you really think that?" (Y/n) harshly spoke, the silence from the male only giving her the answer she needed. He did think it was that simple almost to pretend it never happened.

She knew that she was right but she wanted to hear it come from his mouth.

"Answer me Naruto. Did you really think it would be that simple?"

________________________

I had wanted to delete this book so bad earlier today because I had accidentally deleted the next chapter when I had just finished it. It took all my strength in myself to calm down. So I was gonna post two chapters today but I guess not. But I'm already halfway done with the next chapter so it should be up tomorrow. Enjoy.