12 ✧ present

"Now I would play the waiting game...no one should keep a pregnant lady waiting."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"For the last time (y/n), please stop tapping your foot." Shikamaru grunted, opening one eye to stare at the nervous Uchiha.

(Y/n) just took a deep breath trying to calm herself and slowly stopped tapping her foot. Giving the male a small smile as he sighed and closed his eye again.

"You're doing it again (y/n)." He sighed out, opening both eyes, knowing that sleep wouldn't come to him anytime soon. Well not with (y/n) in his presence.

"Sorry it's just do you think everything went fine?" (Y/n) rushed out, talking in a rapid pace. While Shikamaru blinked as he processed the rushed words.

"Temari should be here in a bit. She didn't write to you because she wanted to tell you in person." Shikamaru muttered, slowly trying to ease the girl with his words.

"You need to calm down all this stress isn't good for you or the babies." He knowingly said, letting out a breath of relief as he watched (y/n) finally relax.

"Yeah you're right, I just need to wait and see what happens." (Y/n) tiredly said, rubbing her temples and leaning back into the couch.

"Isn't your brother arriving soon?" Shikamaru questioned, trying to change the subject so that (y/n) wouldn't stress for a little longer.

(Y/n) perked up at the mention of her only brother. Feeling all her tension leave her body as she quickly nodded her head in conformation.

"Sasuke will be arriving soon. He says that I'll be having the twins anytime soon and that he wants to be here for that." (Y/n) said, grinning widely as she looked at the male across from her.

"Do you know what you're going to name them?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow in amusement as (y/n) nervously laughed.

"Ah nope, I'm letting Sasuke name them. I actually decided months ago with him. I'm not good at picking out names." She sheepishly said, embarrassed that she just admitted that.

Shikamaru just laughed making (y/n) only more mortified. As her face flushed and she started pouting.

"Don't just laugh it's embarrassing enough." (Y/n)'s voice rose, as she threw a cushion at him. His laugh only rose up, as (y/n) hid her face in the other cushion she had.

"I'm sorry I'm late...is everything fine here?" Temari slowly said, examining her laughing boyfriend and (y/n) who looked like she was going to suffocate in the cushion.

"Shikamaru is mean to me Temari." (Y/n) whined, revealing her red face while she pointed at the male. Shikamaru toned down his laughter. As Temari just shook her head and sat down next to her boyfriend.

(Y/n) anxiously waited for Temari to speak. The silence between all three of them slowly killing her. Her foot unconsciously tapping the floor again.

"Okay, so I talked to Gaara about your situation and he said that it was fine for you to move to Suna and work as his assistant." Temari voiced casually, a smile on her face.

(Y/n) processed the words, blankly staring at them before letting out a cheer of joy. Getting up as fast as a pregnant lady could and sitting between them, pushing Shikamaru in the process, and giving her blonde friend a rather large embrace.

"Thank you so much Temari for your help. I'll have to write Gaara as well and thank him." (Y/n) happily said, feeling the other female slowly pat her back.

"It was no problem, Gaara said to take it easy for the time being and to stop worrying so much. Also I want to be an aunt to the babies." Temari spoke, a wide smile on her face as she felt (y/n) tighten her grip.

"Of course you'll be their aunt and Shika will be their lazy uncle." (Y/n) cheered, feeling giddy at the thought of the couple being her babies aunt and uncle.

"What a drag (y/n)." Shikamaru protested, but the small smile on his face giving away that he was actually happy about being an uncle.

"So when will you two being having a baby?" (Y/n) mischievously said, grinning at how the two blushed furiously and sputtered out.

(Y/n) only cackled, clutching her large stomach and getting up to sit in her original spot. Still smirking at their flushed faces.

"Troublesome woman." Shikamaru said, shaking his head at (y/n) and trying to keep a calm composure.

"I mean I'm just saying plus I'd be an awesome aunt." (Y/n) boasted, thinking about a little Shikamaru and Temari running around.

"I mean being an aunt should be easier than being a mom right. So like I got this in the bag." (Y/n) thought out loud, earning amused looks from the couple.

"Anyway I was wondering if you know what names you're going to name the twins." Temari questioned, not knowing this was the topic that embarrassed (y/n).

Shikamaru only broke out in chuckles while (y/n)'s face heated up once more. Letting out a groan of despair hiding her face once again.

"Not this again."