28 ✧ present

"It finally felt good to say everything that was needed to be said. Even if it would eat at me once the truth was spilt."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Yes." Naruto breathed. "I honestly did think that we would look past the relationship and speak to each other like we once did without a problem." Naruto looked exhausted, as he ran a hand through his short blond hair.

(Y/n) herself felt utterly exhausted, she could only guess it was from the particular conversation they were having. One that she knew was going to be brought up in the span of the next couple days but it came sooner than expected. Sighing, (y/n) closed her eyes before pinching the bridge of her nose.

"You're going to take this the wrong way when I say this but it's true."

Naruto eyed her wearily, heart thumping rapidly in anticipation in what was about to be said to him. He couldn't read a single ounce of emotion on (y/n)'s face. That's what scared him. (Y/n) was always able to perfectly mask her emotions but Naruto was always able to see behind her mask and know exactly what she was actually feeling.

Now he was someone that used to be able to know exactly what she was feeling to someone who didn't know a clue to what she was feeling. And he couldn't do a single thing to change it. All he could do was wait anxiously and hope that it wasn't anything to bad but he knew well enough that it wasn't going to be anything good.

"I honestly believe you were the worst thing that ever happened to me."

The words alone broke his heart.

"I thought that you were one of the greatest people on this earth Naruto and that's saying a lot. But then you left me and in the process I tore myself to shreds because of you. And now I'm becoming worse than I have ever been because you are here and these memories of us are constantly swirling around in my head like a tornado. I destroyed myself because of you."

(Y/n) paused, feeling as if she would burst out in tears any moment but that was only a feeling. She knew well enough that there were no tears in her eyes. She felt absolutely nothing. The quick thought passed her mind that she should just run away from him but she wasn't the type to run away.

"And I regret everything single thing that happened to us. I regret opening myself up to you and showing you my scars. Or that fact that I let you try to heal them because in the end you only gave me more. But what I regret the most was that I let myself share all the good parts of me because you took them all when you left me."

(Y/n) watched the pain show in Naruto's blue eyes, for a moment feeling pity for him. But she knew that he deserved to hear what she needed to be said. And she didn't regret that.

"No." Naruto whispered. "I don't believe you." Her heart twisted at the sound of his voice but also at the accusation thrown directly at her.

"Believe me Naruto," (y/n) whispered angrily before continuing, "You were the worst thing that happened to me."

Naruto didn't say anything nor did he think he could. The words kept ringing and echoing loudly in his mind. If someone were to tell him that years later (y/n) would've hated him he would told them they were lying. But here they are, sitting across from each other completely strangers and one carrying a deep hatred for him.

"I should've left you myself the moment you started to become distant towards me but I didn't. I was a fool that believed love would solve it." (Y/n) muttered, laughing bitterly. Before quieting down once again, although she enjoyed the blond's silence it irked her that he didn't say anything to her.

"Hinata wasn't why I distanced myself from you (y/n)." Naruto argued, narrowing his blue orbs at the unimpressed Uchiha female. (Y/n) herself didn't believe that lie, she knew well enough she was the reason why Naruto had left her but she wouldn't blame the Hyuga for all of the issues.

No it was also her fault because she was so familiar with Naruto, it was bound that he would want something new something that gave him a thrill and excitement. And he found it with another woman and (y/n) couldn't compete with that. That she knew.

"You choose her. You choose her over me and then you choose to become distant Naruto. It was your choice. The moment you gave up was the moment you choose to lose what you had with me. So don't you dare say that she wasn't to blame for our issues."

At the stunned looked on his face, (y/n) guessed that he wasn't expecting that hell he probably wasn't expecting any of this to come from her mouth. (Y/n) had to guiltily admit that seeing these expressions on the male were very satisfying. Maybe she was becoming more cruel as she became older. She honestly didn't mind that.

"I don't regret it (y/n)."

(Y/n) was taken aback, "What?"

"I don't know just everything."

Naruto was quiet for awhile. A light coat of a pink blush was painted on his cheeks. (Y/n) didn't know what to think of that, she just hoped that male was embarrassed now. She hoped.

Opening his mouth he finally said, "Just because we didn't work out it doesn't mean you weren't the best thing that ever happened to me. Because you were (y/n) even if you hate me now. Maybe I could've done things differently but I still don't regret it."

This was enough, pushing herself out of her chair. (Y/n) ignored the protests coming from the blond as she walked out of the building. She would explain to Gaara tomorrow why she had left. But for now she just needed to leave. She would as well ignore the fact that she was running away from her problems, sometimes it was best to leave things the way they were.

________________________

The original was way better but I just had to delete by accident. So anyway here it is.