04 ✧ memories

"You were there for me when everyone left me."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Naruto frowned as he held on tightly to his weeping best friend. He knew that he couldn't do anything to help her but giving her the comfort she needed was the best he could do.

(Y/n) just quietly sobbed out, tightening her grip on Naruto. Not wanting him to leave her alone anytime soon or possibly forever.

"D-Don't leave me." (Y/n) hoarsely whispered out as she looked at the blonde's blue eyes. Their eyes clashing.

Naruto only frowned as tightened his own grip on her, trying to reassure her that he wouldn't leave anytime soon. He would never leave her.

"Naruto you can leave. I'll handle (y/n)." A familiar voice cut through the air making Naruto look at Kakashi, who now had appeared.

Naruto knew better than to argue at this moment and softly released the girl. Quickly looking at her.

"Don't worry (y/n), I'll bring Sasuke back." Naruto whispered into her ear, giving her one last hug before leaving her room completely.

(Y/n) clutched her pillow tightly to her chest covering half her face as she let out small sobs into the pillow.

Kakashi slowly went over to the crying girl, gently as possible sitting on the bed right beside her. Placing a hand on her back, he gently rubbed it. Trying to do his best to comfort her.

(Y/n) slowly released her grasp from the pillow as she rolled her body to face Kakashi. Giving her attention to another male in her life. One of the last ones she could fully trust.

Kakashi truly felt pity for his young student as he scanned her tear stricken cheeks and swollen puffy eyes. (Y/n) didn't deserve this much pain.

His own onyx eye quickly taking in the girl's sharingan proudly displaying themselves. Showing her pain.

Kakashi slowly picked up (y/n) and placed her on his lap as he embraced the young girl. Feeling her body tense before giving in to the action.

(Y/n)'s sobs became more powerful as she wrapped her hands around his neck and placed her head in his neck.

"It's going to be okay (y/n)." Kakashi smoothly comforted, slowly rocking her back and forth. As one would do to a very young child.

"K-kashi-nii." Her hoarse voice mumbled out brokenly, as she tightened her grip on the man.

Kakashi's frown only deepened at the detectable pain laced in her tone. When usually the girl was so happy.

Deep down Kakashi knew that there was no way that he would fully be able to actually comfort the Uchiha female.

This only hurt him more because he wanted to be there for her but there wasn't going to be a solution to help her. The thought made his chest lurch.

This was a battle that only (y/n) could fight. Something she would have to fight and overcome alone with no help from anyone but herself.

"Kashi you'll never leave me right?" (Y/n) had found herself asking without any thought. Wanting to no the answer from someone she knew she would trust. One of the last people.

Kakashi's chest clenched as he heard her little plea. Something so small but held a lot of meaning. Closing his eyes, he continued hugging her.

"I'll never leave you (y/n). I promise." He softly promised, smiling as he felt the young girl hug him with more force. Delighted by his answer.

"I want to be alone for now." (Y/n) softly demanded, removing her arms away from his neck. Wiping away any stray tears left on her face.

Kakashi let out a small sigh of protest but reluctantly let go of the young girl. As he slowly removed her from his lap back onto the bed beneath them.

Kakashi then slowly got up from the bed as he walked out of her bedroom, giving her one last glance of hesitance before shutting the door behind him.

(Y/n) laid on her back and she blankly stared up at the ceiling above her. How desperately she wanted to cry but nothing came out anymore.

At this moment (y/n) truly felt like she was alone. Like she was the last Uchiha on this planet. Numb was the only thing that floated through her mind. She couldn't feel anything as if every feeling she ever felt left her body.

(Y/n) truly felt like an Uchiha. All depressed with a hint of anger swirling inside her. Something she thought she would never feel.

A knock echoed throughout her room, making her glance at the door. Not bothering to reply back before looking up at the ceiling.

The door opened up, footsteps resonating throughout the room.

"I'm back." A shy voice called out, as (y/n) turned to look at the person she instantly recognized.

Naruto stood there slightly fidgeting as he held a bag of take out. More likely ramen she couldn't help but think, as she examined the bag closely.

"I'm not hungry." Her monotonous voice cut through the air. Not noticing the blond boy wince at the sound.

Naruto just smiled as he placed the bag on the floor before crawling on the bed with her. Not bothering to ask if the action was alright with her.

The two kids stared up at the ceiling as they enjoyed the peaceful silence. Naruto inching his hand towards (y/n)'s hand, brushing against it.

Before gathering up the courage and gently interlacing them. As Naruto let out a small blush as he closed his blue eyes.

(Y/n) didn't flinch from the feeling of their interlocked hands. Nor did she bother to comment on the sudden action. But rather close her eyes as she let out a small smile. As sleep both soon consumed the young kids.