32 ✧ present

"Good talks are better than bad talks."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm sorry for dragging you out. I know that I should've probably kept my distance away from you after... but I couldn't help myself." Naruto started, his hands fumbling with the hem of his shirt. An expression of shame and nervousness displayed proudly. The action reminding (y/n), of a time when he looked much younger.

She knew this conversation would follow up eventually, but oddly enough she didn't have the heart to fight anymore. Fighting was tiring, staying angry was also tiring. It was easier to let everything go and focus on the better things in life. It didn't necessarily mean that she forgave the male but she didn't want to fight with him as well. He wasn't her enemy any longer, and she didn't want him to be.

(Y/n)'s lingered on the twins that were further ahead of the adults, both of them keeping their hands intertwined with each other. Before she let out a comfortable sigh, as she looked to the male besides her finally speaking.

"It's fine really. I shouldn't have let my emotions get so out of control the other day as well," (y/n) murmured before continuing, "not that you didn't deserve it but we're adults. I figured that we can't be fighting like we're still teenagers you know. We just have a lot of baggage between the both of us."

Naruto looked up to her, giving her one of the smallest smiles, "I mean not all of it was bad. We had some good times before I ruined everything."

(Y/n) nodded her head in agreement, her own face displaying a smile of her own. Actually quite satisfied that the blond had owned up to being the one to ruin everything. She didn't want to argue with him anymore and she's sure that it would've irritated her if the male had said that it was both their faults. Yes, she could've done some things differently but in the end, it wasn't her that ruined the relationship.

"I would say that we should've just stayed friends but then I... we wouldn't have Daisuke and Nomi. They make my life worth living." The love for her children dripping from every word spoken. The two adults keeping their gaze upon the small boys in front of them. Both silently agreeing with each other. If they had stayed friends, there's no doubt that the boys would be here today. Living and breathing.

"Thank you for letting me get the chance to know them. I do know that there could've been the possibility that you kept them away from me. I just appreciate that you're giving me this chance." Naruto spoke, knowing that everything was true. He knew that if things had gone a different away, if (y/n) wasn't so forgiving, that he wouldn't have had the chance to meet his sons.

It hurt to know that possibility could've happened but it was a possibility. A cruel but fair one. Everything was up to (y/n), she was the one that carried them for nine months and raised them afterwards. If (y/n) didn't want Naruto to meet them then she wouldn't have let him. She would've slammed the door in face and told him to get lost, but she didn't and it seemed that she wouldn't in the near future.

(Y/n) hummed thoughtfully, "What would've you done if I hadn't let you meet them?" Naruto chuckled, leave it up to (y/n) to question what he was he just thinking about.

"It sounds bad but I probably would have pestered you until you either gave me the chance or you injured me." (Y/n) couldn't help the small snort that slipped past her lips, the corner of her lips quirking up in amusement.

"You're so headstrong that you bugging me seems like a reasonable option. But it's not necessarily a bad trait until you irritate the wrong person, Naruto."

Naruto suddenly gave her a teasing grin, making (y/n) regret her words. Her onyx eyes narrowing at the male, ready for what was about to be said.

"Did (y/n) Uchiha just compliment me, Naruto Uzumaki, of all people?" The playful teasing caused the female to roll her eyes, but did not deny anything.

(Y/n) scoffed, "Don't get so full of yourself dobe. It was merely just an observation of your traits. It doesn't mean anything."

Her words didn't help her at all, Naruto already sending her playful jabs. All saying that she did indeed compliment him and that it was possibly the best day of his life. (Y/n) shook her head, it's been awhile since she last talked to someone like this. Not ashamed to admit that she didn't really have friends in Suna, other than Gaara.

But her and Gaara had a different type of relationship. Where usually everything was either kept strictly to work or the times that it was her that playful teased the male. With the exception of the male every once in awhile saying something that flustered her because it was uncommon for him.

"(Y/n) are you fine? You spaced out. Was it something I said?" Naruto questioned, his blue eyes showing concern for her as they stayed on her before flickering to make sure that the boys were still in front of them.

(Y/n) shook her head, "No, I'm fine. I was just thinking that it's nice to talk to someone. Like friends almost." She trailed off not sure if that's what she would call the male, maybe acquaintances but not really sure.

(Y/n) stared dumbfounded at the male who let out a chocking sound, not sure why he was smiling so hard. Before realizing that she admitted that they were almost like friends. The look of happiness making her slightly cringe away, not liking the affection being displayed towards her. Sighing in relief, as Daisuke approached her.

Squeezing his small body between both adults and latching his smaller hand into (y/n)'s. His own onyx eyes, peering at Naruto cautiously. (Y/n) guessed the caution came from Naruto's visible expressions. (Y/n) turning her head to her other side to see that Nomi as well had grabbed her other hand. A wide smile spreading across her face, feeling complete now that her boys were with her. It was completely satisfying.

"Why are you staring at my mom like that? You're a creep." Daisuke reply caught both Naruto and (y/n)'s attention. The pair losing any other emotion other than shock as they stared down at the small Uchiha.

The loud noises of protests came spouting from the blond as he tried to deny the accusation and defend himself. As (y/n) scolded her eldest son, even though the accusation had slightly amused her but she was the adult and sadly couldn't let her son go around accusing people of being a creep. Only when it was necessary.

"Daisuke apologize this instant. You can't go around calling people creeps."

"I can if they are being creeps. Uncle Sasuke told me it was fine. Stranger danger he said." (Y/n) was going to kill her only brother when she got the chance to see him next time.

Naruto cleared his throat, "It's fine (y/n). He's just being protective of you. Besides Sasuke is...right." The male snickered silently, but loud enough that she would be able to here it.

"Don't ever say that Sasuke is right. We both know well enough that he's never right. Let's just go get something to eat. I don't want to get Daisuke even more unbearable."

Naruto nodded along to (y/n)'s words. The small makeshift family walking all together as if nothing bad had ever happened to them. Every single one of them looking content and at peace.

_______________________

I'm back and this is trash but I've made y'all wait long enough for an update so enjoy.