08 ✧ present

"I didn't think you could possibly break my heart anymore. But somehow you managed again."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You don't have to slow down because of me." (Y/n) huffed out, slowing her pace even more to see if Sasuke would slow down.

She mentally screamed in her head when she saw that her brother had slowed down to match her pace.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sasuke said, his small smirk giving it away that he was clearly messing around with her.

"Stupid duckbutt." (Y/n) muttered lowly, shutting her mouth when he sent her a questioning stare.

She let out a small hiss, at the powerful frequent movement within her stomach. Rubbing the area gently, in hopes of the child calming down.

"I shouldn't be this exhausted for an 18 year old." (Y/n) whined, just wanting to sleep in bed all day and eat. Well she mostly did that before she got pregnant anyway.

"Yes, but you're pregnant (y/n)." Sasuke knowingly replied, not paying attention to the heated glare thrown at him.

"I really got fat in this pregnancy." (Y/n) said, examining her large stomach with a little frown.

"Once again, you're pregnant." Sasuke said, trying to pull away the negative thoughts soon to be swirling in her head.

(Y/n) just nodded her head in agreement, before looking at her brother's messenger bird heading towards them.

Sasuke waited for the bird to land of his shoulder before taking the letter and reading it.

(Y/n) watched with confusion and curiosity as her brother crumpled the letter and placed it within his pocket.

"What was it?" She asked in hope of him telling her about it.

"It was nothing let's keep walking." Sasuke monotonously replied, quickening his pace, walking ahead of the girl.

"It must have been something to get that sort of reaction. I'll find out later when he's distracted."

(Y/n) just continued on walking with her pace, not in the slightest trying to catch up with her brother.

By the time they arrived at the inn, (y/n) was huffing and puffing to lay her butt down. Everything on her body ached, so she was not in a good mood.

Especially when the receptionist tried flirting with her brother rather than giving them the keys to their room.

Now that lady would know not to mess with a tired hormonal pregnant women. Smirking satisfied with herself, (y/n) made her way to the room.

"Finally." (Y/n) mumbled out, taking off her sandals before laying gently on top of the bed.

While Sasuke closed the door and sat on his bed across his sister's. Taking his time to gather his things from his scrolls, not noticing that the previous letter had fallen onto the ground, out from his line of sight.

(Y/n) had noticed the letter fell but decided against saying anything as she watched her brother finish up his work.

"I have to complete the mission, don't go anywhere (y/n)." Sasuke sternly said, walking up to her before poking her forehead.

(Y/n) swatted his hand away, a scowl of her face as she rubbed the tender spot. Throwing him one last glare before he left the room with a wide smirk.

(Y/n) had decided to take a small nap before getting up to read the letter. With the letter in her mind, she fell asleep into a peaceful slumber.

As soon as she woke up, she sat up on the bed, which was a struggle, before looking outside to see that it was dark.

"Let's see what made my brother so mad." (Y/n) giggled, standing up and picking up the letter.

Her heart stopped as she read the letter, feeling sick to her stomach. As she dropped the letter wide eyed.

"It was an invitation to Naruto's and Hinata's wedding."

Tears that she hadn't realized fell from her dark orbs, as small sobs escaped her mouth.

Although she didn't want to love him anymore it's not like she could get rid of years of feelings for him.

"This is why I didn't show you it." Sasuke softly said, closing the door before pulling her into a hug.

It hurt so much like the day he left her. She felt as if she was back at square one again. Heart broken all over again. She absolutely hated it.

"It'll get better (y/n)." Sasuke tried comforting, as he rubbed her back soothingly.

"Just let me cry for once, please." Her hoarse voice pleaded, as she felt more tears falling from her eyes.

"Are you going to go, you're his friend?" She questioned, voice cracking from her now sore throat.

"No, I have no reason to attend." Sasuke blankly said, flinching slightly when a not so hard smack hit his shoulder.

"You're his friend, just because we broke up doesn't mean you have to stop seeing him." (Y/n) tried joking, every word she said was true. She wouldn't want to come between their friendship.

"I don't have to be his friend this one time." He lowly said, gently gesturing (y/n) to lay down on her bed.

As soon as she hit the bed, (y/n) felt physically and mentally drained, wanting more to get this horrid day over and just sleep.

So with that (y/n) rearranged herself comfortably, wiping away any tears before closing her dark orbs.