02 ✧ memories

"I remember you being my light in my darkly lit life."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tears were still falling down (y/n)'s face as she tightly held onto Sasuke. Who as well had a tear stricken face but no more tears were falling. No emotion being showed on his face.

Little hiccups came from his little sister as he held her with a tighter grip. Trying to reassure her that they were okay and nothing else would happen.

"I'll avenge us (y/n)." Sasuke silently promised, hearing his little sisters hiccups finally stopping. Her shuddering breaths could still be heard, as she tried to calm down.

(Y/n) didn't let go of her older brother. As they stood outside their compound, which was filled with Anbu members and the dead bodies of their clan.

"I'm tired nii-san." (Y/n) tiredly mumbled, her small hand and wiping her bloodshot eyes. Sasuke just nodded his head in acknowledgment, letting her crawl up on his back.

While (y/n) gently placed her head on his shoulder. Her dark eyes closing softly, as little sounds escaped her mouth. As she descended into sleep.

Sasuke turned his head away from his little sister, as he turned his attention back to the hokage that was now heading towards them.

"Here are the keys to your apartment little one, everything you need is provided already." The Hokage softly said, eyes watching the young boy just nod his head automatically.

With that Sasuke turned around and headed to his and (y/n)'s new living quarters. Not even taking a second glance at the home he lived in his whole life. It wasn't worth it.

"I'll always take care of you (y/n)." Sasuke mumbled out quietly in order to not wake up his little sister.

Sasuke watched as his little sisters face scrunch up signaling that she was currently experiencing a nightmare. Which he figured would happen more often, he too would experience them.

Little whimpers escaped her mouth as her grip tightened on Sasuke. Sasuke quickly tried to bounce her up and down to calm her as best as he could.

A sigh of relief escaping his mouth, as he felt (y/n) calm down once more and returned back to her peaceful state.

Sasuke stood outside the door of their new apartment examining it closely before putting in the keys to unlock the door.

Before opening it and walking in quietly, shutting the door and locking it once more. (Y/n) tiredly woke up, blinking her dark eyes as they both examined their new room.

"Can I sleep with you Sasuke-nii?" (Y/n) asked her older brother, as she was gently placed on the ground.

Sasuke just patted her head and gave her a nod of his head. Loving the way she brightened up and turned to explore their new home.

Sasuke went in to his new room as he examined it before checking his new wardrobe. Before grabbing a pair of clothes and heading into (y/n)'s room.

He then went to look at her new clothes as well, before grabbing a nightgown along with her underwear. As he grabbed two towels before heading into their bathroom.

He placed the clothes by the sink and turned on the faucet checking the water temperature. Nodding his head in satisfaction at the right temperature.

"(Y/n) come here." Sasuke called out for his little sister, soon hearing the soft pitter patter of her footsteps resonating on the floor.

(Y/n) poked her head into the bathroom letting out little giggles as she saw Sasuke staring at her.

(Y/n) walked in as she stared at the tub that was filled with water. As she immediately knew what to and started to take of her filthy clothes.

Sasuke let out a small smile of amusement before it disappeared, as he got up to help his little sister take off her dress that got stuck on her head.

"Are we showering together?" (Y/n) questioned, heading towards the tub. Sasuke only nodding his head as he placed (y/n) into the tub filled with warm water.

Before turning to take off his clothes and getting in as well. Sasuke poured water onto his little sister's dark hair before putting in shampoo and scrubbing it. He then did his routine as he got out and put his towel on.

Before taking his little sister out who was blinking tiredly as he dries her off. He quickly got her dressed and got dressed himself before draining the tub of water.

Picking her up he went to his room and pulled the blankets back and placed his sleeping sister down on it.

"Don't leave nii-san." (Y/n) softly mumbled out, as she reached out to Sasuke.

Sasuke only pushed her hand down gently before climbing into the bed and putting the blankets over them.

"I promise I'll never leave you (y/n)." Sasuke said as he wrapped an arm around his little sister who was sleeping soundly.

He stared at the ceiling knowing that sleep wouldn't come to him anytime soon. But he would be fine as long as his little sister was with him.