29 ✧ present

"The worst nightmares are the ones you see the one you hurt the most get hurt all over again."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Naruto gasped out, as he sat up abruptly. Chest heaving rapidly, the cold sweat sliding down both his forehead and neck. His mind whirring with a million thoughts, yet excluding him from his previous dream. One that evoked such a strong reaction.

With clammy hands, the blond male shakily threw off the covers on top of him. Swinging his feet off the bed first neatly planting them on the cold ground. Blue eyes finally taking notice of the unfamiliar room yet still oddly familiar room. Furrowing his eyebrows, Naruto shakily stood up, body moving towards the door before abruptly retracting his steps.

"What?!" Naruto exclaimed in disbelief, hands frantically putting themselves over his face. Carefully examining himself with awe yet unease. Quite not grasping the unusual situation that was present. "No. This can't be happening. I can't be young again!" His voice getting higher with each word he spoke.

"Huh." Naruto mumbled, staying silent for any noises, such as the ones he heard. Certainly enough noises where soon heard from outside the door the male removing his hands from his face and walking over to the door and opening it with caution. Not knowing who or what was behind the door.

Walking out the room Naruto didn't put much thought into how familiar the place really was. His attention more focuses on who or what was making the noises. Naruto's body once more stopping the feeling of all the air rushing out of his body; leaving him completely breathless as the two stood there, looking at each other, not saying a word to one another.

"(Y/n)?" He whispered unsure.

"Who else dobe. Don't tell me you were expecting someone else but with all the outings you've been doing it wouldn't surprise me if you were."

(Y/n) as well looked younger, around the same age he had last seen her before they completely stopped talking. The currently female sitting down neatly on the chair, leg folded over the other. One elbow propped up on the arm rest while she leaned her face on her other hand. Not an ounce of shock on her young face at all.

Just a smirk on her rosy lips, as well as the amusement clearly shown on her beautiful features. "I don't know what you're talking about." Naruto concluded, only getting an exaggerated sigh from the female across from him.

"Really, I know you can be oblivious sometime but you don't need to play that part right now. I already know about your excursions." (Y/n) apathetically replied, pushing herself off the seat and sauntering up to the still confused blond yet now suddenly nervous at her moving figure.

Finally standing in front of him, Naruto watched (y/n) contemplate something before another smirk graced her features. The female stood closer to him, both their chests touching. The male tried to take a step back to put some distance between them but was stopped at the action of (y/n) wrapping her arms around his neck.

(Y/n)'s hands playing with the blond strands at the bottom of his nape, sending shivers of pleasure down his spine before she lifted her hand and cupped the back of his head. Naruto carefully watched (y/n) before his head was brought down closer to her own.

The soft breath of (y/n) hitting his face, staying still as possible due to the feeling of her lips brushing softly against his own. The smallest movement would make their lips press together. The thought alone making his face heat up and butterflies erupt in his stomach. Along with the guilt feeling because he knew feeling such things was wrong. He was a married man.

He supposed they were still in their relationship but with the way it seemed as of now, more like they were at the end of their relationship. "Are you nervous Naruto?" (Y/n) whispered, her lips brushing his own as she spoke the words. "No. I'm just really confused right now." The blond spoke honestly, he had no clue what was currently happening or going on right now.

His hands that were neatly at his side hesitantly coming up to (y/n)'s sides before resting them there. The two not saying anything else both of their eyes just searching their features. The more they stayed in this position the more natural is felt to Naruto, well besides the slight ache in his neck from having it bent down for awhile now.

(Y/n) hummed in thought, tilting her head away from him in order to rest her head against his chest. "I'm sure she is great but why didn't you choose me?" (Y/n) whispered once more, but no emotion could be detected in her voice. The question itself made Naruto pause before coming to he thought that she was referring to the Hyuga.

He gulped and looked down to face (y/n), who had once more risen her head to face him. "I-I don't know..." he paused before his voice began to raise, "I don't know why." (Y/n) narrowed her onyx eyes, looking skeptical.

"Do you still want me?"

His blue eyes widened comically at the question. "N-no. I mean I don't know what I want, this is so hard." Naruto exclaimed, lightly pushing (y/n)'s arms off of him to back away from the female. Feeling confused to why he was now questioning his own feelings.

"Then why won't you choose me?" (Y/n) cried out, her fists hitting Naruto's chest as he let the female continue with her actions. He couldn't move or couldn't say anything as he watched the frustrated tears slide down her face. It reminded him of when he first broke up with (y/n) years ago and now it felt like he was doing it for a second time.

"I'm sorry (y/n)." Naruto responded, grabbing her arms and pulling him into her chest. Feeling his shirt dampen from her tears. He just wanted her to feel less of the pain he was causing her but he probably knew this wasn't helping. These caring actions could still be misleading her own emotions.

"I'm so sorry (y/n). Please forgive me."

______

Naruto blinked his eyes trying to get rid of any trace of sleepiness, bandaged hand coming up to his face that was moist from fallen tears. He must've been crying in his sleep. Sitting up he looked around to see that he was in the room he had rented in Suna.

"It was all a dream." He mumbled, looking at the clock besides him to see that it was early morning. He didn't make a move still thinking back to the oddly strange dream. (Y/n)'s and his previous fight the day before must've evoked an unconscious reaction from him. It left him oddly guilty, well more guilty than he was already.

It wasn't the best idea but he didn't have to meet with Gaara until the afternoon and he wasn't quite sure if (y/n) was going into work after everything that happened yesterday. So sliding out of his bed he decided that maybe he could start building his friendship up slowly with (y/n). Even if the female still hated him and he would start slowly for the time he was there.

And what better way to get to know one another again would be heading out together as friends. So he would try to get (y/n) to have breakfast with him even if she didn't agree with it. Besides it's not like anyone else was with (y/n).