Chapter 48

The musty scent, the coldness of the air, the rope around his wrists that held his hands seemed minor in comparison to the thoughts that rattled his mind. Tim, where was he, was he safe, were the others. He needed to know but would his captors reveal the answers let alone reveal their identites to him. He waited.

*****

"What do you plan on doing with him, I thought you wanted Foust" he asked.

"In due time" he replied non chalantly as he wrote on the paper before him.

"All that leg work to get them here and that's all you have to say, why the hell did we even bother" he retorted sitting in the chair facing the desk.

Looking sternly at the man before him he bellowed, "Do not question ANYTHING,  do you understand me. Do as I say or you'll find yourself sitting along side him, do I make myself clear"

As he began to reply a knock was heard upon the door. "Come in" the man barked. Slowly the door opened, the person hesitantly peered around it. Quickly he stood, holding out his hand  "There you are, please come in and make yourself comfortable" he stated with compassion. Glaring at the other man to stand and offer his chair he led his guest to the now empty seat.

*****

"Why, damn it why...You...You" Tim yelled as he grabbed Adam to his feet.

Rob and Austin became more aware of their surroundings as they heard Tim's angered voice. "Was he crazy, had he not seen in the past just what Adam was capable of doing" they each thought as the bus door swung open.

"Tim, stop..what the hell is going on" Nate demanded as he attempted to pull Tim away.

Consumed by his anger Tim kneed Nate as he approached while he continued to yell at Adam "This is YOUR fault...YOU agreed to this..."

Adam seemed to hang like a rag doll from Tim's grasp, oblivious to the accusations, he merely mumbled in response.

Abe came running up the steps hearing the commotion inside where he found Rob and Austin pleading with Tim to stop while Nate rolled on the floor holding his crotch.

"Tim...TIM...KNOCK IT OFF, LET HIM GO" he demanded as he wrapped his arm around Tim's neck. Tim tried unsuccessfully to butt his head back into Abe, then let go of Adam and grabbed his arm with his hands. Adam slumped back onto the sofa as Abe pulled Tim away. Rob stepped over to check Adam questioning why he hadn't fought him off while Austin helped Nate off the floor.

Abe wrestled a bit with Tim before he finally pinned him against the lounge door, the anger and pain in his eyes cut through him, making him wonder just what in the hell had happened to the group of friends. Feeling his body relax he let go, Tim then slid down, sobbing as he wrapped his arms around his head.

"Guys, what happened" he asked the others.

"He's gone, he's gone" Tim cried over and over.

"Who's gone?" he asked looking for someone to answer.

"Chance, he's not here. When we woke up he wasn't here" Austin solemnly replied.

"Woke up? What do you mean woke up, guys you finished the concert about an hour ago. You haven't had time to sleep yet, you were coming back here to change before we were heading out for drinks" Nate told them.

With confusion in their eyes Rob and Austin looked at one another and then at Adam who still hadn't fully awakened.

"No..that was last night..today..  today we were performing for the managers friends...a separate gig.." Rob explained.

"What in the hell are you talking about a separate gig? Rob, we just wrapped up the last portion of this tour and are heading back east in the morning " Nate stated as he finally was able to stand.

"No, Robbie's right. Adam spoke with the manager who wanted us to perform for friends, paying us handsomely to do so I might add. That's where we were, we agreed, we were all ...weren't we?" Austin said as he rubbed the soreness in his neck, "Adam, tell them".

"I..I don't remember exactly " Adam replied, also rubbing his neck.

Abe and Nate looked at the four men before them, each seemed confused, disoriented as to what had happened and where they had been. One thing was certain, Chance was not with them and none of them knew why he was missing.