Chapter 5

"Hello" Chance groggily answered.

"Chance?" asked the surprised voice on the other end.

"Mmmhmm" he replied barely audible.

"Why are you answering Tim's phone" the voice asked.

The question was enough to jolt him awake. "Fuck, its Austin"  he thought to himself stumbling out of bed. "Dude, how the hell do I know he must have left it here" he stated hearing the shower running.

"Well, where is he. Can I talk to him, I called him ya know" Austin replied sarcastically.

"Seriously dude, lose the attitude" he thought trying to come up with a good lie. "Hang on, I gotta find him" he told him pounding on the door between the rooms then opening it to yell for Tim. Making believe to walk around Tim's room he then informed Austin it sounded like he was in the shower.

"Well tell him I need to talk to him" Austin demanded.

"What the fuck is your problem" Chance asked as he walked to the bathroom door. "You think I'm walking in on him after the incident on the bus you're crazy" he told him as Tim looked at him from the shower. He silently mouthed Austin's name to Tim who shook his head no. "I'll tell him you called" Chance stated hanging up on him.

"He hung up on me, what the hell, he fucking hung up on me" Austin remarked looking at his phone.

"Well, you were kind of demanding" Rob commented as they sat down at the table with Adam.

"Now what did you do" Adam asked looking up from his phone.

"Me? Why am I being questioned. I merely called Tim to see if he was going to meet us but Chance answered his phone" Austin stated tossing his phone on the table.

"So, why are you upset. Maybe Tim asked him too, or maybe he left it in his room, it really isn't your business why he answered it" Adam stated. Rob nodded in agreement as he picked up the menu.

"Can't you have an opinion of your own? You're always agreeing with someone" Austin barked at Rob.

Rob raised his hands in defense, "hey, yo, you really don't want me to express my opinion right now" .

"Fine, I'm done with all of you" Austin barked grabbing his phone and storming off.

"What the hell is wrong with him. He's acting like a spoiled brat more than he usually does " Rob commented watching him leave.

Adam had returned to his phone not the least bit phased by Austin's actions. "He's jealous" he told him matter if factly.

"Jealous? Jealous of what? How could he be jealous of the turmoil those two have been through over the past 7 years or so " Rob questioned.

"Not so much of the issues but more of how they've leaned on each other through it all" Adam explained.

"I'm confused, we've all leaned on each other through the good and the bad" Rob stated.

"True, but stop and think. Before Chance came along, Austin and Tim spent a great deal of time together. You know big brother, little brother kind of time" Adam added.

"Yea, but when Austin and Olena became a couple that all changed, you didn't see Tim act like that. He still helped him out, hung out with him, or them" Rob replied.

"True, but when they broke up Tim pointed out to Austin how he should have manned up long before the issues began, advised him to grow up and stop controlling the relationship" Adam stated still not taking his eyes off his phone.

"I still don't understand what Chance has to do with their lack of communication. They should sit down and talk to each other, clear the air. We can't continue touring with this looming over our heads. It's like bad juju or sonething" Rob replied as the waitress approached.