Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {9} - Edited.

Start from the beginning

Mike looked up then before answering. “I’ve…been kinda busy, is all.”

”Busy with what?” I wondered aloud.

“Some stuff.” he answered immediately this time.

“What stuff?” I pressed him.

”Just some personal stuff!”

“Oh.” I didn’t know what else to say.

I inhaled and exhaled and caught a whiff of Mike’s sweet scent. I could feel a sneeze coming up then, but I knew that there was no way that I could stop it; either way I would get hurt, so I just let it come through.

"Ow!" I groaned, feeling pain spread throughout my whole body.

"Crap, it's bleeding again!" Mike cursed, jumping down from next to me and rushing to grab tissues from the nurse's table.

"Ugh, me and my stupid soft nose." I muttered.

I heard Mike chuckling softly from next to me before softly adding, "Hey, I think I know what'll make you feel better."

“Really?” I wondered. “What?”

“This…” Mike didn’t finish the sentence and instead leaned in and pressed his soft lips against the tip of my nose. Even that stung a bit, but I was giddy and hyped up to care.

I grinned happily at him and all of a sudden I knew exactly what to say next.

“Uh, you know, I sorta kinda also banged up my lips a bit and they hurt a lot too, maybe you should make them feel better as well.” I suggested.

“You know you’re right, they are looking pretty red, so maybe I should.” Mike said, grinning back.

We both start leaning in then and our lips were so close to touching when Mike pulled away.

I sighed sadly then in disappointment. “You don’t like me like that, do you?”

“No, no it’s not like that all!” Mike reacted immediately. “I do like you! A lot, even a little too much and that’s the problem.”

“What do you mean?”

I liked him and he liked me back, what was the big problem in that?’ I wondered to myself.

“It-it’s just that you deserve way better than me. I like you, I do, but…” he closed his eyes then. “But…you’re not the only one,” he opened his eyes then and turned to look at me and my reaction. “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you way earlier and I shouldn’t have led you on like this, really, I’m so sorry!”

I stayed silent for the longest amount of time. There wasn’t really anything that I could say about this, was there?

“Oh.” was all that came out.

I gulped, but it seemed as if I had a huge lump stuck in my throat. From next to me, Mike sighed deeply and sadly. I didn’t know what else to do then, but I knew what was coming. I turned my head away and secretly wiped a tear away from my eye before it could fall and reveal itself.

“Hey, wait a minute, are you crying?” Mike put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around. “Please don’t cry!” he sounded equally upset as I was at that moment then.

Mike’s hands slipped down till he tightly held my hands, but that only caused a few more tears to slip out. Mike didn’t bother saying anything to me to make me stop, instead he just pulled me into a hug and I cried as much as I wanted into his chest.