Comedy and Tragedy

I don't believe it... I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Thalleous rolled in his bed, emptiness settling in his heart as he remembered how Ciantrius had escaped, just hours before his due execution. He was still struggling to accept the fact that Tygren was dead.

Dead. Dead. Dead. Murdered. Slaughtered. Killed for no reason other than spite.

He tossed the covers over his head and tried to sleep, but ghostly replays of the previous week's events flashed behind his eyes, and they prevented him from falling into his usual slumber. Visions of Tygren in a white void, turning around to face him, eyes accusatory. Visions of what could have been, but was no more. He cried, as he had most other nights now. The hot tears stuck to his face and hair and he winced as even more thoughts of Tygren assailed him. Then, a new thought broke out.

Osivian.

The name was so unexpected he nearly jumped. It was him who ordered Ciantrius to assassinate Tygren.

It was him who was to blame.

He got up, pacing the room, and went outside, heading over to the medical center. Opening a chest, he took out a potion of regeneration and a potion of healing. He also took out a potion of harming and a potion of poison. Stowing the glass vials away in his inventory, he went back to his room, grabbing a bulletproof vest from his closet. He took his greatsword from the wall, and slung it over his back.

I'm coming for you, Osivian, Ciantrius. If I fail, at least Tygren will be waiting for me.

*****

Krista had only ever been inside the Black Plasma Studios residence once before, during the Droug Invasion several years ago. Besides some small changes, the house appeared the same, but everything felt different nonetheless. It was abandoned and fortified when Krista had been there - preparations done by the Black Plasma team to defend the house from the Droug. Now it was a typical house, shining spotless, with patrons milling about and enjoying their time outside. While there was conflict elsewhere in Plasmatropolis, there was only peace and tranquility here. At least... for now.

David had agreed to let Zikaitan stay at the residence until they could work out what to do with him. There were a lot of orphaned Ardoni following William's systematic executions, and the city would need to decide whose custody to put them under. William and his forces had been pushed out of the city for now, thanks to the combined effort of Adek's soldiers and the military, but William could potentially attack again once he was ready. According to David, William was barely the only thing Plasmatropolis had to worry about, either. She'd been promised an explanation once they arrived at the house.

Now they were in the houses, and getting seated for another meeting. Most of the main team was here, with the addition of Nitrox, and excluding Derp. The Ardoni known as Achillean and Galleous weren't here, likely off somewhere important. There was one important person - the most important person to Krista, in fact - not present, and that was Sam.

Before she got seated, Krista turned to David. "Where exactly is Sam right now?"

"In his office. He told me he was going to be busy." David told her.

"Excuse me for a moment, then." Krista said, and David nodded. She turned away, only to be wrapped in a tight hug. It was Derp. Apparently he was late. Derp hadn't actually been in the battle either, so this must've been the first time he'd come in contact with Krista again. Derp's face had an even greater smile than usual.

Krista smiled before Derp let go. "Hey, Derp. I'm happy to be here too." When she was released, Krista made her way to the stairs and climbed up, arriving in the hallway above and locating Sam's office.