Chapter 26

Andy

I woke up the next morning and stretched, yawning as I looked over at Luna.

She was still sleeping peacefully, and I noticed her ears twitch every now and then. It made her look really cute. Not to mention the little bit of blush on her cheeks.And I heard her purr one or two times, which just added to it even more. But I knew I couldn’t just sit there and admire my fiancee forever.

Yeah, I could finally call her that. I know it hasn’t been too long since we got together, but something just told me she was the one.

I finally decided to get out of the bed and go fix breakfast. I decided to go light today. Just some pancakes, but this time, I decided to add something in.

While Luna wasn’t looking, I managed to purchase a bag of chocolate chips. I figured I should add some to the pancake mix. I thought it would be a neat little surprise for her when she finally got up to eat.

It wasn’t long before I heard her coming down the hall, yawning as she stretched. I looked over at her, and nearly laughed at her messy and tangled hair. It went in all directions, and made her hair look three times bigger than what it was.

 “Morning, Andy..” She said sleepily, still stretching as she tried to wake up fully.

I smiled and replied back “Morning, Luna. So how’d you sleep?” I then flipped a pancake in the pan.

“I slept like a log.. If a bomb had went off, I probably wouldn’t have woken up.” She said, swaying a bit as she walked over and sat in a chair by the table.

I smiled and finally flipped the last chocolate chip pancake onto the plate. “Well, I think you’ll like breakfast this morning.” I said as I set the plate down on the table and sat down beside her.

Her nose twitched, and her eyes looked more alert as the scent of the pancakes finally hit her.

“I smell chocolate.. But I see pancakes..” She said, obviously a bit confused.

I chuckled at her statement. “Take a closer look at the pancakes. What else do you see?”

I watched as she picked one up off the plate, examining it more closely. “Are those… Bits of chocolate?”

I nodded. “Yep. I put chocolate chips in the pancake mix. Thought you’d like it.” I said, smiling as I took two of the pancakes.

I heard her purring, and when I looked over, she had taken a big bite out of the pancake she was holding.

“Like it? I love it! They’re even sweeter than before!!” She said, her tail wagging.

I chuckled and started eating. “I’m surprised I managed to keep the chocolate chips a secret from you. I must be better at hiding things than I thought.”

All I heard was her giggling, cause she was too busy eating the pancakes to even really hear what I was saying.

I smiled and watched her as I continued eating. I’m glad I took those pancakes when I did. She took almost all of the rest of the pancakes. I wasn’t complaining though, I made them mostly for her after all.

Once she had finished hers, she leaned back in her chair and let out a long sigh. “Wow.. Andy, those were delicious! Probably the best I’ve ever had!” She said, her tail still wagging as she smiled.