Chapter 24

Andy

The next morning, I woke up and right next to me was Luna. I half expected to hear Ydna shuffling around the kitchen, but then I remembered the events from last night.

That day will probably haunt me forever...Ydna...dying to save us...and he'd only done one other favor for me before then. Luna doesn't know it because she managed to sleep the entire time I was out. I had Ydna make sure Luna didn't come looking for me while I was out at the jewelry store.

What was I doing at the jewelry store, you ask? Well, let's just say I had something planned and Ydna just sped up the process of this happening by a few weeks.

If you haven't managed to guess what I'm talking about at this point, it's an engagement ring. That's right. I planned on marrying Luna soon. I know it seems like I made my decision rather quickly. But keep in mind that I had an entire year in which I got to know her. Almost every detail. Somehow...I know she's the one. But now the question remained...when do I do it? I mean, when would be the right time to get on my knee and pull out that box? It was safely tucked away in my pants pocket and it's unlikely that Luna even noticed it at all.

I went ahead and got up to go to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Now we had all this food that was going to take us forever to eat. I sighed and just got out some eggs and bread. I thought just a nice eggs and toast breakfast would be nice.

As I started cooking, I could hear Luna getting up. She yelped like a pup several times, so I guessed she was bumping into things half asleep.

When she walked by the kitchen though, fully dressed with her jacket on, I started to worry.

Was she leaving?

"Andy.. I'm gonna step outside for a few minutes.. Get some fresh air.." She said, not looking at me at all. Her eyes were this bright silver color.. They looked dead like almost..

"Oh...Alright..." I replied, knowing that at this point, I had to just focus on cooking breakfast. "Breakfast will be ready soon." I added.

"I'm not hungry.." Was all she said, before walking out. I knew she had to be lying. Every morning she wakes up like she's starving..

I had never seen her like this before.. It was like she wasn't the same Luna..

She must have been torn up by Ydna's death. And to be honest, it was tearing me up too. Even though I didn't know him very long, he became almost like a brother to me. Maybe it was because we were kind of the same person.

I finished up the eggs and put the toast in the toaster. I then sat down on a chair and pulled out the box. I looked inside it again. The ring was golden with a small jewel in the middle. I really hoped she would like it. I wasn't able to get too expensive of a ring, but I got the best I could. And for the price it didn't look like that bad of a ring. Though, I honestly have no fashion sense nor taste in jewelry, so for all I know, it could be hideous.

I sighed and quickly closed the box and put it back in my pocket just in case Luna decided to walk in. I didn't want her seeing the ring before I was ready to give it to her..but the question still remained. When would that be?

Well, I had no time to think about the question any longer because just then, the toast finished and I put everything on a plate, setting it on the table before I walked outside to look for Luna.