Chapter 20

Andy

I woke up a few hours later. The air was cold and so was the ground.

Wait...this wasn’t the ground...this was metal!

I opened my eyes and saw bars in front of me. I was back in the labs. I was back in a cage. I tried to punch the bars and I tried to pull them apart, but the bars were too strong.

Then, I heard footsteps coming my way and I saw the bottom of a white lab coat approaching my cage.

“Funny, isn’t it? You break out and just over a year later, you’re put right back in. You wouldn’t believe how long it took to find you. But we knew an opportunity would arise. And what do you know? It did. You going into that lab and rescuing those children? One of the dumbest things you’ve ever done.”

I started to grow angry. Rescuing children was stupid? This guy was a sicko!

“In fact. We knew you would do it.” He said. I could almost hear him cackling. “That’s why we decided to blow up the labs in the first place. The government finding us made one heck of a cover story, didn’t it?”

HE KNEW! He knew I had access to their databases! What else did he know?

“After you rescued those kids, a tracking device had been activated. You didn’t notice it of course, but we managed to get it on your back. From there, we simply traced the signal and now...you’re here. Back where you belong. In a cage.”

The anger was almost overwhelming. It was almost like he found some sort of joy from it. That of course only made it worse for me.

But then I remembered that I had to ask one question. “Where...is...Luna?” I asked, almost growling at the guy.

I heard him snicker before he replied. “Your girlfriend is dead. And you’ll soon join her.”

Luna

I felt dizzy.. Sick to my stomach.. Yuck.. I always hated that feeling..

Sitting up with a hand on my head, I felt cold.. And… And….

Oh no..

It hit me all at once.

What had happened, and then the smell of chlorine, the brightness of the room and the cold…

The feeling of being alone..

I WAS BACK IN THE LAB!

Okay, yes I started to panic, but it wasn’t just about being in the lab again.

Ydna had been captured, and so had Andy! I had to break out and find them!

So, I started trying to break open my cage, and pulling the bars apart.

When all else failed, I tried spitting a ball of flame..

But got nothing.

Had they.. Took my fire power somehow? What was I gonna do?!

I started to lose it, balling up on the cold hard floor of the cage, my eyes blurring from tears.

Who knows what Andy is going through right now.. Or Ydna.. Or…

What were they gonna put me through?

But before I could begin to think of possible answers, someone stepped in front of my cage.

“Welcome back home, Luna Rockwell.” he said, trying to sound intimidating. “We’ve taken the liberty of temporarily making you lose your ability to breathe fire. Wouldn’t want you escaping again.”