Chapter 4

Andy

I woke up the next morning and unzipped the sleeping bag, standing up and stretching. I noticed that Ydna was still sleeping and didn’t know if Luna was up yet, so I walked over to the kitchen and started making pancakes. Of course, I’m using the kind where you just add water. It’s easier and faster for me to do so.

I soon heard Luna coming down the hall, yawning as she stretched her arms, along with her wings.

 “Morning, Andy.. You sleep okay?” She asked, sitting at the table as she brushed her fingers through her hair.

I looked over and smiled. “Of course I did. I told you I’d be fine...though I’ll admit, I think doing that any more than one night will end up killing my side...So I was thinking I’d go get an air mattress or something later today.” It was true too, my side, since I sleep on it, was hurting pretty badly, but I was still able to move around just fine and I knew the pain would be gone soon.

I heard Luna sniffle a little, and she just watched me, kinda like a cat when it sees its owner getting food for it.

“Well I told you, you could take the bed.. I have no problem sleeping on a floor..” She said, almost in a ‘I told ya so’ kind of tone.

I replied with “Well I told you that you’re the guest. And in my book, guests get priority over self. That’s why I let you sleep on the bed.”

Just then, Ydna woke up and I knew what he was about to say if he’d heard us before. “Well, I told you two that you could share the bed, but no one ever listens to me.”

I saw Luna’s face get red. From anger or blush, I’m not sure. But she soon yawned and tried to hide behind her wings, her tail wrapping around herself.

Ydna just sighed and got off the couch, sitting on the opposite side of the table as Luna. “So, what’s for breakfast?”

I was done cooking at that point, so I took the plate, which had a stack of pancakes on it, over to the table and set it down as I sat between Ydna and Luna. “Pancakes.”

At that moment, Luna’s wings folded, and she looked at the plate, sniffing a bit at it.

“They look good.. Although.. I’ve..Never had pancakes before..” She said, acting like she was ashamed she had never had them before.

I just smiled and grabbed the bottle of syrup and set that on the table as well, saying “Well, today’s your lucky day, then. I fixed plenty for the three of us, so take as many as you need.” Even though I didn’t know how much either of them could eat before getting full, but I had a feeling I was about to find out.

Luna reached over and only got two, like she didn’t want them all to go to waste if she didn’t like them, and poured a bit of the syrup onto them, licking some off her fingers.

 “Mm.. It’s sweet..Like.. Candy..” She said, her eyes widening like when I pulled out that box of chocolates.

I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit as I watched. I grabbed some pancakes of my own, as did Ydna and we poured the syrup on ours as well.

I heard Luna eating her pancakes, a wide smile on her face like a little kid. But it wasn’t her noisy eating that caught my attention.

It was the sound of her PURRING.

Yeah.Like a cat does when you pet it. She purred.

And honestly...it was kinda cute...Ah! What am I saying? That’s the second time I’ve used that word so far...what’s going on?