Chapter 1

Luna

Ugh.. Where is he?

I was at our usual meeting place, waiting for my best friend to get there, who was running late, AGAIN..

Though, I can’t blame him.. He does live farther away from here than I do.

I mean.. I practically live here.

Though I do hate waiting around..

So, I sat down by the edge of the lake, waiting for him, as I thought to myself.

I was keeping so many secrets..

 Oh.. I guess I should introduce myself.

Name’s Luna. I’m human of course.. Well… Sorta..

Anyway, I’ll explain more about myself later.

 Cause just as I was thinking of my past, I could hear my friend running up.

“Hey, Luna. Sorry I’m late...had to deal with something real quick and it took longer than I thought it would.”

I turned around to see my best friend, Andrew. Though, I called him Andy.

He was a sweet guy.The one person I could truly call my best friend.

Standing, I brushed the dirt off my clothes.

“Hey, Andy. It’s alright. I’m use to you being late now.” I said laughing a bit.

“Well, still, I knew I’d be late, so I figured I’d get you something on the way here.” He pulled a box of chocolates out of the bag he was carrying.

Now if you don’t know me too well, here’s a bit of info for ya.

I LOVE CHOCOLATE.

Seeing that box made me want to hug the life out of him, but I knew he wouldn’t like that.

So I smiled, and walked over to him.

“You.. Got those for me?” I asked, a little surprised he did.

He smiled. “Well, I’ve been late so many times before and I knew you liked chocolate, so I bought you this on the way here today to make up for it.”

 I had to keep myself from blushing, which was really hard to do around him.

“Andy.. I don’t know what to say… Other than… Thank you.. So much..”

He smiled again. “You’re welcome, Luna. Plus, it’s been exactly a year since we first met, so I figured a present was in order.”

Okay, this time, I couldn’t help but to blush a bit. It was just the sweetest thing he had done for me.

I smiled and took the box of chocolates, instantly popping one in my mouth.

“Mmmm.. And these are the good ones! Not those cheap “Trying to be the competitors” chocolates.” I giggled.

He chuckled a bit. “Well, I knew you’d know instantly if they were the good ones or not, so I got those.”

I smiled, then got one of the chocolates out of the box, and held it out to him.

“Here. I wish I had something to give to you. So, since I don’t, I want you to help me eat this box of chocolate.”