Chapter 19

Luna

I lay in bed, looking at the scar on my hand.. It had been so long since I had gotten it, and I still remember what caused it.. After all these years..

 Sighing, I turned onto my back, looking up at the ceiling.

By now, Andy would be looking at my file.. He would know…

He would know of all the things I went through.. And it made me feel sick to my stomach..

The memories of what happened… It made my entire body hurt all over.. It just kept happening.. And I couldn’t make it stop..

I turned again, this time on to my side, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I hated them all.. I wanted to watch them all burn alive..

My ears twitched as I listened to the silence, and it reminded me too much of my cell in the lab.. At least here, I had a bed..

In the lab, I wasn’t allowed to have a bed, or belongings.. I wasn’t even allowed to wear the clothes I wanted.. I was stuck wearing these weird gowns..

It’s things like that, that make me hate hospitals. I won’t even go near one. It reminds me too much of that place..

Andy then came back into the room and sat down beside me. “Feeling better?” He asked.

I just gave a small smile and nodded. “Yeah.. I’m feeling a little bit better..” I said, worried he was gonna be mad for keeping secrets still.

But instead...he...hugged me? Why would he hug me? He must have read my file...so why wasn’t he going off on me about keeping secrets? And my thoughts were reassured by his next statement. “I...I read your file...I...I had no idea…”

My eyes widened a bit, and I couldn’t help it, but I started shaking in his arms.

“Y-You… Read… M-My..” I couldn’t even speak.. I was so scared.. What did he think of me after reading the file?

“Y-Yes...I did...and...I know I can’t fix what they did to you...but I just wanted you to know...I’m not mad...I know why you kept it a secret...believe me...if something like that had happened to me...I wouldn’t tell anyone either…” And that reminded me of something…

When he walked out of the room earlier, his shirt was still off...well, it still was here too, but when he walked out, I noticed something. Scars. They were on his back and right below his wings. The scars were going in just about every way imaginable and almost that entire part of his back had them.

I decided I wasn’t gonna ask him about the scars, since, thankfully, he hadn’t asked about any of mine..

So, I just kept him close, trying not to cry.

“I.. I just couldn’t tell you.. I.. I try to block out the memories..But.. They won’t go away…” I said, my voice shaky. He just pulled me closer.

 “I know...I know how that is…” he said. Was he talking about his scars?

I bit at my lip, burying my face against his chest as I sniffled. I didn’t know what else to say.. I didn’t know what to do..

 “Andy.. I.. I’m.. S-Sorry…” I said, shaking still.

“It’s alright, Luna…” He said, his voice starting to shake a bit.

 I held him close, too scared to let go of him. I felt like if I did, he would disappear forever…

Then he spoke again. “Well...now that...your secret’s out of the bag...I guess I should tell you mine…”