Chapter 11

Luna

With Ydna’s help, I managed to get Andy inside and on the bed.

He needed his rest.. Especially after what he had just went through..

I felt so useless.. I couldn’t help him.. I didn’t know what to do.. And instead of trying to fight, I tried to run..

 Maybe this is a sign.. Maybe I was supposed to die that day.. I only brought pain and suffering.. I guess it was my curse..

I sighed and sat on the floor by the bed, hugging my legs against my chest.

But a moment later, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Ydna.

  “Luna...you definitely helped him out back there...it may not seem like it...but trust me...if it weren’t for you doing what you did...he’d probably have run away in fear...I know him too well, and I know that’s exactly what he would’ve done and there would’ve been nothing I could do to stop him. He wouldn’t have listened to a word I said...but you...he listens to you...he trusts you...he knows that what you tell him is the truth. And he knows that if you say he’ll be alright...then he’s gonna be alright. You’ve done more for him than I could ever hope to...I just thought you should know that…”

 I was in shock.. Was he serious?

Then again.. After I finally got him to hear me, he did seem to calm down.

But I’m not so sure about everything Ydna said.. I mean…

Now I don’t even know what I’m saying.. Ydna was right.. Andy may have ran away if I hadn’t kept trying to calm him down.. And I’d never see him again.

I looked up at Ydna, my ears folded.

“Okay.. Thanks, Ydna.. But.. Could we possibly be alone right now?.. I wanna make sure he wakes up and I be nearby..” I said, looking at Andy.

Ydna nodded and set a glass of water beside the bed, and then one beside me. “Absolutely. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.” He looked over at Andy before continuing his speech.

  “And I know he wouldn’t either.”

He smiled and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him, leaving just Andy and I in the room.

 Ya know.. If Ydna were more like this, I probably wouldn’t wanna smack him around as much as I do..

I took the glass of water and sipped at it, wiping at my eyes and sniffling.

Looking back at Andy, I began to worry even more about him. But if I kept worrying right now, I was gonna get sick.

So to keep myself calm.. I decided to do what I did at the lake yesterday.

“Open up wide, swallow down deep

No spoon full of sugar could make it sweet

The cancer inside stealing my sleep

Night after night it keeps haunting me

The secrets I keep

Are tearing me up inside

I try to hide and I wonder why

 I wonder why I'm still running when I know there's no escaping

 Come undone, surrender is stronger