Chapter 5

Luna

I had finished doing what I needed to do, and I got bored looking at the same stuff..

I know I told Andy I’d be in the same place, but I decided to explore a bit.

Plus, I kept getting these weird chills. I wasn’t cold, so it was odd.

But, the chills and everything wasn’t what was on my mind right now. It was Ydna’s teasing..

The fact he kept teasing Andy and I.. It was irritating. But.. Something about it.. Made me start thinking.

Did I really like Andy?

All this time, I’ve only thought of him as my best friend. And then, Ydna comes along with all this teasing.. And it’s had me thinking.

 And the scary thing was.. I think he was right.

Andy was my first… Well.. ‘He’ was my first friend, but after escaping the labs, Andy was my first real friend.. I saw him as it was, my best friend, and someone I could trust and always count on. But the thing is.. If I liked him.. Does he like me back?

 That’s what scared me most. If I were to tell him I like him, and then he not feel the same way.. I would feel rejected.. And it would probably ruin our friendship..

I was so lost in my thoughts, I ended up bumping into a stranger by accident. “Oops! S-Sorry, mister! I didn’t mean to!” I said, quickly apologizing to the man.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” He said, then he looked at me...and he started to grin. Oh no…what was he thinking? “Well, well, well. A poor girl, lost and all alone. Don’t worry, I’ll make you feel much better.” He said, that devilish grin on his face.

 I wasn’t quite sure what he was talking about, but after the things I went through, I had a pretty good idea.

When I get into situations like this, my mind makes me do one of two things.

Either one, run as fast as I can or fly to get away.

Or two, fight until I can’t fight anymore.

And since I was in a store, if I fought, I’d be in serious trouble.

 So, I started to run.

I quickly whipped around, and kicked my legs to get me into a sprint. If I could find Andy, or even Ydna, they could help me. Luckily, it didn’t take long for me to see both of them standing in one of the aisles and they saw me, waving at me and telling me to come to them.

I ran to them as fast as my legs would let me go, and nearly slid past them on the slick floor, panting and a look of fear on my face as I hid behind Andy.

 “Guys! Some creep is after me!” I said, shaking, not knowing if he was still following me or not.

The man then appeared at the front of the aisle, but then saw Andy and Ydna and probably decided it wasn’t worth the trouble and walked off. Andy then asked a question. “Was that the guy?”

I quickly nodded to him, still a little shaken. That face he made was sick and twisted like.. Much like my father’s.. “Y-Yeah.. I bumped into him by accident, I apologized and he came after me..”

Andy simply nodded as if to say “I understand.” He then told me to go ahead and put what I had in the cart.

All I had was the one t-shirt and pair of jeans, so I tossed them in there, and my eyes widened a bit.

There was so much food in the cart, it could probably last Andy an entire year or two on his own! I glanced at Ydna, knowing the food bill was gonna be high once we checked out.

 “So.. Do we have everything? I.. Kinda wanna get out of here soon..” I said, still a bit scared about that guy chasing me.

Andy nodded. “Well, we haven’t gotten the air mattress yet...but if you stay with us, we’ll make sure you stay safe.”

I just nodded. I was scared to leave their side again.. And when I was with Andy, I felt completely safe. And I’m sure if i said that out loud, Ydna would have something to say.

Then, my mind went back to those questions I was asking myself earlier. They wouldn’t get out of my head! So.. I guess I’m gonna have to try and talk to Andy about it. Try and hint at it or something. I have to know how he feels.. Because..

I think I really do like him..

We soon got what all we needed to get, along with some clothes for Ydna, and Andy got himself another shirt and some jeans before we checked out and started walking back home.

And oddly enough, I started getting those chills again. It was weird. I didn’t know what to make of them.

Maybe it was just my paranoia, but.. I think we were being followed.

Although I didn’t mention it to Andy and Ydna. They’d probably just think I was going crazy.

But the quiet was kinda killing me. We had been walking for a few minutes now, and neither of us had said a single word.

Andy finally spoke up. “So, who wants the air mattress after we get it pumped up?”

I saw my chance, so I stuck my hand up. “I’ll take it, and you can have your bed back.” I quickly said. I was determined to let him have his own bed back. I didn’t care where I slept. I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable..

Oh no..

Is that another sign of me liking him?

He turned around and asked me “Are you sure?” Like as if he needed to be sure..

I nodded. “Of course. I mean it’s your bed after all. So you take the bed, and I’ll deal with the air mattress.” I said, smiling a lil, hoping he would accept the offer.

He finally sighed. “Alright. I guess if you really want the air mattress, you can have it.”

I just smiled, finally able to wag my tail since we were away from any people.

  That question still bugged me, though.

Do I like him? Does he like me?

 I sighed a little, then just hummed a bit to myself.

  We got to the house and Andy unlocked the door, letting Ydna and I in first.

I walked inside and set the bags I had on the table, setting the bag with the clothes to the side.

 “So that was… Interesting..” I said, trying to break the silence. Andy was next to speak. “I’ll say. I didn’t expect that last part…”

I nod, starting to put groceries away. “So, um.. I guess that’s it for today, huh?” I said, not really sure what we could now.

Andy and Ydna started to help me put the groceries up and Ydna spoke up...AGAIN. “Well, there’s still time for your nice romantic date on the waterfront.” He said, teasing us...AGAIN.

This time, I don’t know why, but I snapped. I had to get away from him.

So, after slamming a cabinet door, I unfurled my wings from the slits in my shirt and jacket, as I ran outside and flew away as fast as I could.

 All this teasing.. These questions in my mind.. It’s too much for me to handle!

 But I didn’t get too far. My rapidly beating heart and the wind rushing in my ears, made memories come to my eyes again, and I had to land to breathe and get a hold on reality.

I felt like crying again, but nothing came out.

So, I just let loose an anger filled roar.