Chapter 18

Andy

I was outside of the lab, waiting for Luna. “She said she’d be fine...What’s going on?” I looked at my watch “5 minutes left…”

I thought for a minute before deciding I had to rush in to try and help her. But as I started running, I heard a loud crash come from the top of the building, but it wasn’t the crash of something falling, but rather, something coming out of the building’s roof.

I saw something...green...and black.

What is that? I thought to myself, having never seen that creature before, but then as it drew closer, it hit me.

This was no random creature...

It was a dragon.

A lime green and black dragon.

Could it be? Was Luna able to turn into a dragon? The color scheme certainly suggested that this was Luna.

It soon landed in front of Ydna and I and let 3 kids off its back. It had to be her.

Luna was a dragon. That dragon DNA did more than give her wings, a tail, and dragon ears. She could turn into a full-on dragon.

I was amazed at the sight and just stared for a while before finally snapping back into reality.

“L-Luna…? Is that you?” I asked, knowing it was her, but I had to know for sure.

The dragon shook its head a bit, a brown mane running along its head and back of the neck swaying a bit.

 “Um… Y-Yeah.. It’s me.. I don’t know how.. But I can turn into a like.. A full blooded dragon… Um… Kinda cool, right?” She said, trying to smile a little, but the sharp dragons teeth just made it look a bit scary..Like she was gonna chomp our heads off.

Ydna kinda interrupted her. “Never mind how or why, we can worry about that later, just get us out of here!” He said as he managed to hop on her back and I flew into the air. Luna soon followed as I looked at my watch and started counting down. “5...4…3...2...1.”

An explosion was heard and red and orange light came flashing on us as we sped away through the sky. We had made it just in time.

We got all of the subjects out and the lab was destroyed. Everything went according to plan.

Well, the part about Luna turning into a dragon wasn’t exactly a part of my plan, but it ended up working out in the end.

We wound up landing in a nearby forest and Ydna hopped off Luna’s back. “That...was...AWESOME!” He exclaimed like you hear some characters do in the movies after some explosion happened. Guess it was like that for him.

I turned to the now dragon Luna. “So, you can change back, right?”

Ydna added on “Yeah, I mean, it’d be kinda hard for you and Andy to kiss if you stayed a dragon.” He started laughing a bit. He tends to do that after just about every joke he makes.

 Luna looked down a bit, a look of worry on her face, like she was unsure if she could or not.

“Well,um.. I’m not sure… But I can try..” She said, her voice sounding worried and a bit scared.

She glared at Ydna before closing her eyes, and let out a soft hum, and her body began to glow with these green tribal markings, and she started shrinking down. So, I guessed it was working.