Chapter 6

Andy

I just glared at Ydna, my eyes filled with anger. “WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!” Ydna slowly backed away. “L-Look, man, I’m sorry, I was just joking around! Honestly!”

I was panting. Hard. I was about ready to sock him in the face before he said something else.

“Look...I wasn’t trying to get her to leave...I just…” I interrupted him.

  “Just wanted to poke fun at us again, right? I’ve about had it with you!” He stayed quiet for a moment before finally speaking up again.

“Look...I’m sorry...I just…” he sighs before continuing. “I just thought I’d be able to get you two to admit your feelings for each other...I thought that maybe...if I teased you guys long enough, you’d get tired of it and just admit it...looks like I was wrong…”

Was that his intention all along? To try and get a confession out of us? To get us to admit that we liked each other?

I sighed as Ydna asked the question again. “You really like her, don’t you?”

I had to answer honestly. Luna wasn’t around to hear and I knew he already knew the answer...and I was pretty sure of it myself too.

“Yes...I do…” I replied. And honestly, it’s how I felt. But why now of all times? We’d known each other for a year, even longer if you count the time in the lab that we saw each other. I like Luna. That was the only thing I could think of at the moment. Nothing else mattered...nothing but her…

Finally Ydna spoke again, breaking the silence. “Then go tell her. Right now.”

I was shocked. Was he joking again? No. His tone of voice was completely serious. Nothing playful. I thought about it.

I sighed and walked towards the door, standing there for a moment before saying.

  “Fine...but if she doesn’t come back with me...I think you’ll know what her response was…” I took off to the sky, looking desperately for Luna. Nothing else could possibly matter at the moment.

It was broad daylight, so I’d be able to see her perfectly. I searched everywhere with no luck. I was starting to panic. Where could she have gone?

After some time of flying around, I managed to spot her nearby a small lake. She wasn’t moving, so I began to panic, thinking she may have fallen and gotten hurt.

 I quickly flew down and heard something...the sound was coming from her...I couldn’t really make it out, and I didn’t want to disturb her, so I slowly walked up to her, being careful not to make a noise.

 As I got closer, I could hear her sobbing.. So she was pretty upset.. But then I heard her mumbling..

No.. Not mumbling.. Was she.. Singing?

I leaned a bit closer, trying to hear her better, but also not wanting to disturb her.

But even then, I couldn’t tell what she was saying. Then out of nowhere, I heard her say something I didn’t think I would hear from her.

  “I like him.. But.. What if he doesn’t like me back?.. And Ydna’s only making it worse… I don’t know what to do.. I..” She then broke into more tears, her wings wrapping around her.

Did I just hear her right? She...She likes me?! I couldn’t believe my ears, but I couldn’t let her know that I’d just heard that, so I waited a while before I pretended to accidentally step on a twig, making sure the sound was loud enough for her to hear.

In two seconds, she had jumped onto her feet and whipped around, showing her teeth with her wings spread out, like she was gonna attack, but then realized it was only me.

  “A-Andy? W-what are you doing out here?” She asked, trying to hide she had just been crying.

I couldn’t just start with what I came out here to tell her, it would be too sudden, so I had to tell her another reason...well, what would have been my only reason if it weren’t for Ydna. “I got worried, so I came out to look for you.”

She sighed a little, wiping at her eyes as she turned her back to me, looking out at the lake.

“W-Well, I’m fine.. I just.. Needed some time alone..”

I knew I had to say something. If I didn’t, she was likely to just turn away from me completely. I slowly walked up behind her. “L...Luna...I...I have...something...I need to tell you...it’s...it’s very important…” My voice was already sounding nervous because...well, I was. I was about to confess my feelings to Luna, how was I supposed to feel?

I heard her sigh, and her ears folded down. “What? Ydna have you come apologize cause he was too afraid to do it?”

“N-No, it’s not that...it’s…” I sighed and grabbed her by the shoulders, turning her around. I needed to look her in the eyes when saying this. If I didn’t, it would be meaningless.

Her eyes widened, and turned to an icy blue sort of color. I’m not sure why, but she seemed sorta scared. “A-Andy.. What are..?”

I took a deep breath “Luna...I...I…” Wait, was “like” really the right word for this? Did I just like her? Or maybe…Oh come on! Just say it! You’ve got her right there! You just heard her say she likes you! You have nothing to lose! Those were the thoughts in my head before I finally built up the courage and said it.

“Luna...I love you!” I said quickly, not knowing what her reaction would be.

 At first, it took her a minute to realize what I had just said. But once it registered, her eyes widened and she started to shake a bit. I was scared.. Did she feel the same way?

“A-Andy.. I.. I…” Her arms then went around me, pulling me into a tight hug. “I LOVE YOU, TOO!!”

  It caught me completely off guard. Both the hug and the words. I could do nothing but keep her close to me.

  I heard her sniffling a little, and her arms tightened around me, her tail swaying side to side.

   “I.. I was so scared to tell you.. Afraid you didn’t feel the same way.. I.. Andy..”

“It’s okay...I was the same way...I thought that...you only thought of us as friends...I thought that if I told you...it would ruin our friendship and…” I was quickly interrupted by Luna.

 “I thought the same thing.. I thought if I told you, it would ruin our friendship.. Andy.. I.. I love you.. And.. I.. I..”

Just then...my head started to move, almost on its own. My grip on her loosened a bit and we were looking each other in the eyes once again...and then...I leaned in...and I kissed her.