Chapter 8

Andy

I woke up early the next morning, stretching and yawning, feeling a lot better since I was able to sleep on my bed. I got up and took a quick shower before heading out to the kitchen.

 As I went, I glanced over at Ydna and Luna, to see both of them still sleeping.. Ydna had nearly rolled off the couch, snoring loudly, and Luna was curled up on the air mattress, kinda cat like. And before you ask...yes, I thought it was cute. I smiled and looked through the fridge trying to figure out what I could fix for breakfast.

As I did, I couldn’t tell if it was Ydna or Luna yawning. I’m thinking Ydna. Since I did open a fridge, I’m guessing he has a sixth sense or something when it comes to food…

 He walked into the kitchen, stretching as he yawned. “Morning, Lovebird Number One.” He said, already starting with the teasing jokes.

I sighed. “Morning, Ydna. What do you want for breakfast?”

“Doesn’t matter to me. As long as it’s food, and something that tastes good.” He said, sitting back in one of the chairs. I had a feeling he’d say that, so I continued looking through the fridge before finally pulling out the carton of eggs.

Ydna smiled and said “Eggs huh? Sounds good to me!” I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit to myself as I got out the frying pan and set it on the stove, as I started fixing the eggs, which I planned to scramble.

While I was working on the eggs, I heard something being bumped, and looked back to see Luna was up, rubbing her eyes as she yawned.

 “M-Morning.. Ydna.. Andy..” She said, sounding like she didn’t get any sleep.. I told her to take the bed.. But of course, she wouldn’t..So I replied to her.

“Morning, Luna.” Then Ydna spoke up. “Morning Lovebird Number 2.” I was almost certain Luna was gonna punch his lights out.

To my surprise though, she didn’t. She simply ignored him and sat down at the table, resting her head on the top of it, her hands on her head.

 “Ydna… Just.. Cut it out… Already..” She said, and she kinda sounded like she was talking in her sleep…

Okay, she was sounding WAY too tired. “Did you get any sleep last night?” I asked.

“Um.. Sorta.. Kinda.. I mean.. I was comfy and all, but.. I kept waking up.. I had a lot on my mind.. And.. I kept feeling like we were being watched..” She said, brushing her tangled hair back behind her frill ear.

I sighed. So THAT’S why she’s so tired. That explains a lot. “You felt like we were being watched?”

 She nodded, her eyes half closed as she flicked her tongue. “Ever since we went into that store, I’ve been getting chills up my back.. They were worse after I ran into that guy.. And I kept getting them last night..”

So she thinks someone’s watching us, huh? Well then, I just had to know if she was right. I had to know if someone really was watching us. But how would I do that?

 My thoughts were interrupted, when I heard a thud noise, and saw Luna passed out at the table, mumbling.

 “My chocolates… They’re getting awayyyy.. Get the candy corn unicornnnn…”

Ydna piped in. “She really likes chocolate, doesn’t she?”

As if to confirm it for me, Luna mumbled again.